All Season tyres have improved a great deal over the years and only a very small number of people need All Terrain tyres, I cross muddy fields regularly but the AS tyres are good enough at that but don't compromise safety for the 90% of the time that I'm on tarmac.
@DaveD. Sorry if you've said it before and I missed it but is your van 2 or 4 WD? I seem to recall that you've already mentioned being on 18s.

Hey guys, was just getting a tire replaced today and discussed that i was thinking about BF goodrich AT and they advised me against it stating the bearings will go as the wheels are designed for 4x4 along with it making a lot of noise due to their weight. Is this correct or are they telling porkies to get me to buy different tyres? - Has anyone had bearings go due to using BFG tyres?
Thanks

Hey guys, was just getting a tire replaced today and discussed that i was thinking about BF goodrich AT and they advised me against it stating the bearings will go as the wheels are designed for 4x4 along with it making a lot of noise due to their weight. Is this correct or are they telling porkies to get me to buy different tyres? - Has anyone had bearings go due to using BFG tyres?
Thanks
I'm going to hazard a guess that the tyre supplier you spoke to doesn't supply BF Goodrich tyres but he'd be happy to supply an alternative. :rolleyes:

I've pre-ordered some new 18in wheels and have decided to try out the AT tyres on them. I am looking at 235 55 18 size and was looking at the winter rating, I see some are okay but looking for experience of T6 with AT tyres in winter. Anyone run them in snow and ice with some feedback? If there crap as well let me know as I have full 17 winters as well.

Thinking Falken Wildpeaks, Avon Ax7 or Cooper Discoverer at the moment. Not going with BFG's due to the D rating for fuel and wet. Dont mind trying some of lesser known brands of anyone has good experience.

The better half reported back this morning that the van tyres felt in her words “ very safe no issues driving” in the snow going to work in Bedfordshire which looking out the window looks a couple of inches . Happy with that so the 3 peak snow/mud rating seems to be on the face of it ok. Falken Wildpeak as per earlier reply in thread.

7DA8397A-6482-48B6-9157-DE5EF88A1358.jpeg

I just got some 'Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15' fitted.

First impression is that they are quieter than the stock Hankook commercial tyres I had on before. Or maybe it's just a lower tone that isn't as annoying and obvious.

These were recommended by the tyre store, so I searched the reviews on them and they are rated pretty well.

1670828417032.png 1670828530164.png

In the market for two new fronts currently running grabber at3 but tempted by falken wildpeak do people rate these?

I wanted wildpeaks as part of a wheel/ tyre package but they didn't have my size so I opted for the grabber.

Tyre fitter told me the grabber in his opinion was the better tyre, do you not rate the grabber?

I can't fault it in the two months it's been on.

Currently using Toyo Open Country AT+ on the Freelander, great tyre (on and off road towing horsebox), cheaper than everything! Going swamper on the van when current tyres are done (falken euro all season) and they do them in 255/55 r18 @£100 a corner

I wanted wildpeaks as part of a wheel/ tyre package but they didn't have my size so I opted for the grabber.

Tyre fitter told me the grabber in his opinion was the better tyre, do you not rate the grabber?

To be fair they been great only lasted about 8 months but I’m doing a lot of town driving so expected I guess!
I have just ordered two new ones for the front fitted for £151.00

Call me a cynic but he probably would say that if he had one but not the other!

Call me a cynic but he probably would say that if he had one but not the other!

I bought the wheel/ tyre package direct from wolfrace.The fitter was a local tyre dealer who only charged £15 to fit the 4 new wheels.

E0E5FBD2-5884-48DF-9418-A96DCE89F765.jpeg

Hello everyone. I have given this topic a search and can’t quite find an answer.
I know that many of you will be against it, but could I fit these tyres to a set of 18” Wolfrace Assasins?

It’s fitted with standard suspension. I know there are websites where you can see for yourself but to be honest I still don’t really understand if they will actually fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
View attachment 183564

Hello everyone. I have given this topic a search and can’t quite find an answer.
I know that many of you will be against it, but could I fit these tyres to a set of 18” Wolfrace Assasins?

It’s fitted with standard suspension. I know there are websites where you can see for yourself but to be honest I still don’t really understand if they will actually fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
They'd stand 100mm or 4 inches taller than my 235/55/18 tyres, (which are 3.9% bigger than OEM sizes) so I doubt they'd fit in the arches, and that's before you even think about turning the steering wheel or going over a bump.

Back