Hi does anyone have the Thunder alloys sprayed satin black with all terrain tyres? Just wondering what they would look like as can't decide whether to go down this route or go for new alloys completely. My current
Tyres and wheels look a bit lost under the wheel arches so feel I need to go all terrain. Thanks. DaveFB_IMG_1666191877302.jpg

hi all, does anyone have all terrain tyres on their van? I love the look but am interested in how loud they are compared to smoother tyres and if there are any other draw backs people have encountered, thanks
I’m currently shopping for AT tires, I’ve got my eye on the Avon AX7 as they’re a bit more 60/40 road to off road going off what I’ve read.
The thing I’m not sure of is what size to go for on 17” alloys

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

I currently have 235/55/17 fitted to my van which has been lowered on coilovers approx 50mm. I need new tires and was thinking something like the Cooper Discoverer ATT but the size would be 235/60/17.
Has anyone fitted these tires to a lowered van? Am I likely to cause any fitting or rubbing issues?

I currently have 235/55/17 fitted to my van which has been lowered on coilovers approx 50mm. I need new tires and was thinking something like the Cooper Discoverer ATT but the size would be 235/60/17.
Has anyone fitted these tires to a lowered van? Am I likely to cause any fitting or rubbing issues?
I have 235/65/17 on a mildly lowered iirc 35-40mm no issues so far full camper conversion. Someone else may have better experience or knowledge ref this though.

I'm looking for a tyre that means I have less chance of being stuck in a muddy field (like I was last weekend ). Currently running 255/45/18 but am thinking as others have mentioned about the Wildpeaks in a 235/55/18 if I can find any in stock. Does anyone have a picture of this tyre fitted? I'm a bit concerned that the profile my not provide as much scuff protection for the alloys.DSC_0213.JPG

Love the look of your van. I’m thinking of putting these tyres on my van but it’s currently lowered by 30mm. Your’s looks lowered too. How’re you getting on with them? Anything I should look out for?
Cheers

Lowered 35-40mm approx , no issues so far really happy with it. No real noise change from the 20” tyres replaced and the Wildpeak perform well in all conditions so far incl light snow.

Last edited:
View attachment 183564

Hello everyone. I have given this topic a search and can’t quite find an answer.
I know that many of you will be against it, but could I fit these tyres to a set of 18” Wolfrace Assasins?

It’s fitted with standard suspension. I know there are websites where you can see for yourself but to be honest I still don’t really understand if they will actually fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The 275/65R18 is a very wide tyre. How wide will those 18" Wolfrace Assasins be? The tyre shop will probably be able to help you get the size you need.

Here's mine with 235/55/18 General Grabber AT3. Lowered 40 mm.

I did have 20" alloys with paper thin tyres and recently a pothole demolished 2 of them. The new wheels and tyres will eat potholes for breakfast.

Look and feel great so far but only fitted them on Saturday.

I get a very minor rub on the plastic arch liner at full lock, but it's not that bad. Might look at getting spacers at some point.

s+s.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed that place when working over that way. Good experience?
Very good.
It’s the 3rd time I’ve used them.
First time they did sound deadening and insulation for the rear and carpet lined the whole thing. That was so good that the second time they did the same in the front.
This time they did the lift, Lazer spot lights, body kit and rear brakes.
It was due to go into main dealer to fix a fault. Dealer quoted £288 just to find the fault. Daryl at unique fixed the fault for £30.
It was wires which had been ripped apart when a puddle tore off the underside of the van again. Daryl stripped back the wiring and crimped new wiring in to replace what had been damaged. He then cable tied everything up and out of the way do it wouldn’t happen again.
I’ve gone swamper as it was previously lowered by 30mm but I kept losing the bottom to puddles. Hopefully the extra height will prevent that.

Very good.
It’s the 3rd time I’ve used them.
First time they did sound deadening and insulation for the rear and carpet lined the whole thing. That was so good that the second time they did the same in the front.
This time they did the lift, Lazer spot lights, body kit and rear brakes.
It was due to go into main dealer to fix a fault. Dealer quoted £288 just to find the fault. Daryl at unique fixed the fault for £30.
It was wires which had been ripped apart when a puddle tore off the underside of the van again. Daryl stripped back the wiring and crimped new wiring in to replace what had been damaged. He then cable tied everything up and out of the way do it wouldn’t happen again.
I’ve gone swamper as it was previously lowered by 30mm but I kept losing the bottom to puddles. Hopefully the extra height will prevent that.
Nice , will keep them in mind to fit an awning rail on the van if I don’t or shouldn’t. Not far from me too . Thanks for the info on them. Nice van btw looks good

Back