After doing a load of sound deadening and insulating in this lockdown the van is now super smooth and quiet!!! :thumbsup:

where is the best area to do the sound deadening i mean i understand all over but the bit that makes the most impact on the noise?

where is the best area to do the sound deadening i mean i understand all over but the bit that makes the most impact on the noise?

I have done all over but get really I’ve been led to believe that the centre of a panel is the key place to fit a sound deadening mat. In terms of silencing noise, I found that under the front seats floor and certainly the tailgate made the most noticeable difference.
As I say though I did it all so the reduction in sound is a lot different.

There are good forum topics on it though....

Hi I’m new to this forum, I’ve got a t6 t28 with full camper conversion and I’m looking at new alloys for it. I like the look of 20” wheels but I’ve been reading though all the posts about the wheels rubbing, wrong size tyres etc. Can anyone give me an honest answer if 20” wheels will rub the arches?

Hi I’m new to this forum, I’ve got a t6 t28 with full camper conversion and I’m looking at new alloys for it. I like the look of 20” wheels but I’ve been reading though all the posts about the wheels rubbing, wrong size tyres etc. Can anyone give me an honest answer if 20” wheels will rub the arches?

@Matt rawson

speak to Oli @BognorMotors..... he knows all you need to know.
:thumbsup:

Hi I’m new to this forum,
I’ve got a t6 t28 with full camper conversion and I’m looking at new alloys for it.
I like the look of 20” wheels but I’ve been reading though all the posts about the wheels rubbing, wrong size tyres etc.

Can anyone give me an honest answer if 20” wheels will rub the arches?
Hello Matt and welcome to the forum.
Firstly, what height is your van currently sitting at?

As @Ads_Essex says van height makes a big difference, along with tyre size, offsets etc.

To answer your question 20s will work fine if you take care with the above.

After some adjustments and careful searching through the forum I run 20s lowered 80mm, full camper conversion with no rubbing.

The problem generally comes with bad offsets and banging 275 tyres on rims that are too narrow.

As @Ads_Essex says van height makes a big difference, along with tyre size, offsets etc.

To answer your question 20s will work fine if you take care with the above.

After some adjustments and careful searching through the forum I run 20s lowered 80mm, full camper conversion with no rubbing.

The problem generally comes with bad offsets and banging 275 tyres on rims that are too narrow.

Thanks for the reply’s. It’s currently on standard suspension and springs. But I am wanting it lowering as it’s sitting lower on the rear with the conversion, also I want to be back under the two meters in height. So if I get everything right I shouldn’t have a problem with any wheel arch rubbing.

Correct rubbing won’t occur if you are careful.

Sag in the rear is common and can be cured cheapest with T32 springs on the back but won’t get you under 2m presuming you have a taller pop top.

Lowering springs alone may help but not guaranteed to level out, heavy duty versions are available though.

Lowering springs with adjusters are available but seem a lot of money for what they are.

Sports shocks and lowering springs may work and give more comfort than coil overs.

Most would go coil overs for adjustability, which ones.........do a search if you have a day or two free it’s very subjective. You can spend £300 or £2000 the choice is yours.

This is B14s and 20s for reference, t30 but had a sag in the rear due to conversion.

D41A9D2B-510D-40E9-8B2C-EC9F503FF32D.jpeg

Correct rubbing won’t occur if you are careful.

Sag in the rear is common and can be cured cheapest with T32 springs on the back but won’t get you under 2m presuming you have a taller pop top.

Lowering springs alone may help but not guaranteed to level out, heavy duty versions are available though.

Lowering springs with adjusters are available but seem a lot of money for what they are.

Sports shocks and lowering springs may work and give more comfort than coil overs.

Most would go coil overs for adjustability, which ones.........do a search if you have a day or two free it’s very subjective. You can spend £300 or £2000 the choice is yours.

This is B14s and 20s for reference, t30 but had a sag in the rear due to conversion.

View attachment 71627

Yeh it’s not a slim line pop up roof it’s quite bulky. I’ve been doing a bit of reading up and it sounds like changing the shocks and springs is the way to go. Your set up on that photo looks sweet. I’m just confused about wheel size, 8.5, 9, 9.5,10 etc? I know I want to go with a 275/35/20 tyre to keep the speedo correct and keep in line with vw. Are you running a staggered set up?

Back