Yes running 8.5 and 10, staggered work well on transporters imho.

Best picking a suitably load rated wheel and width then select a suitable tyre combination rather than the other way round. I’m on 275/40 rear and 255/40 front but will drop to a 245/40 when the tyres are done.

Wheels are a tricky choice that’s why you see so many questions on them and sets getting it swapped.

Yes running 8.5 and 10, staggered work well on transporters imho.

Best picking a suitably load rated wheel and width then select a suitable tyre combination rather than the other way round. I’m on 275/40 rear and 255/40 front but will drop to a 245/40 when the tyres are done.

Wheels are a tricky choice that’s why you see so many questions on them and sets getting it swapped.
I’m on 275 40 20 all round and can only go so low before front touches on big bumps.
Do the 255 40 fronts still touch??

I’m on 275 40 20 all round and can only go so low before front touches on big bumps.
Do the 255 40 fronts still touch??

255/40 no rubbing but do have the arch liner tucked behind the metal wing bracket as usual. The 255 just has a bit more bulge than I would like so would go 245 next.

275/40 is a big tyre to run on the front whatever size rim.

Hi I’m new to this forum, I’ve got a t6 t28 with full camper conversion and I’m looking at new alloys for it. I like the look of 20” wheels but I’ve been reading though all the posts about the wheels rubbing, wrong size tyres etc. Can anyone give me an honest answer if 20” wheels will rub the arches?

So the issue with Bentley 20s is the offset (ET) and PCD. What Bentley wheels are you looking at getting?

Most Bentley wheels are PCD 5X112 and ET41. If you add PCD adaptors from 5x112 to 5x120 the ET will become ET21 as the adaptors are 20mm. Meaning the front will poke out at the front and even though your not running very low it will mean road grime flicking up the side of your van

The option you have is to have the rims re-drilled professionally to 5x120 then they will fit spot on.

Hi all, long time reader on this forum gathering information. After two years (on and off) of looking for a deal my PX making that a challenge I'm collecting my T6.1 Kombi SWB T32 tomorrow.

I realise there's been loads of questions on this subject but could find an answer for the below.

I've been driving myself mad reading loads of old posts on wheels and tyres, had some advice from @BognorMotors (thanks Oli) and @Adam Baker (thanks Adam) I really want some Inovit Speeds or Torques. I'll be having B14's fitted as well to improve looks and hopefully ride/ handling so not too low.

Now the dilemma, the Inovit wheels only come in either 8.5j or 10j the tyre advice seemed to lean towards 265/40/20 generally on 20's and there's a good selection of tyres in that size which would fit on the 10j's ok I think but not on the front I guess....
I want to run the same size wheels/tryes all round so would have to go for 8.5j but then the 265/40/20's would be too big? Adam recommended 245/45/20 for the 8.5's but there seems less options on these tyres...
SO what tyres are you running on 20x8.5's?

Or have to find a style of 20x9j to run the 265/40/20.....

Thanks in advance, oh yes it will be team white!

Dependant on your wheel offset, And as long as it’s not too aggressive. You will be able to lower fully. Maybe a bit of heat on the plastic arch liner and you are sorted. We fit this size all the time. Works really well on T32.

Can I ask a question on Tyres as I am very confused with the T32 options!

I currently have 20" Riviera RV130 running on 275/40 and the van has been lowered on springs and it seems to touch the inner wheel arch if I go over a hard bump. There is no rubbing on full lock.

I have been reading that 255/45 is a good option but I am also reading that 265/40 is good. As I said I really don't know which tyre would be best to sort out my issue.

Can anyone advise?

Back