Long1

Hi, I’ve seen the led bulb upgrades listed for oem t6 headlights. Stating canbus error free!
Anyone upgraded their bulbs to led and which ones did you get?
I’ve done the front fog upgrade and rear lights.
Want the led for stock headlights mow
Tia

Depends on which lights you have H4 or H7
1676977091210.png

There was mention recently of the latest Philips lamps.

Im
Thinking they’re h7 looking at the position of the side light bulb?
It’s my first transporter, so I’m a little green. Apologies

A521DD05-C4C2-4DC6-81FB-289A32B62A27.png

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade the yellow bulbs on my T6 to a whiter looking bulbs. But I have been reading stuff online that if I were to upgrade them, my mot would automatically fail?

Could anyone advise on which road legal bulbs are the best to get (headlights and daylights as well)? Or I should not be upgrading them for that reason above?

Also, I am not sure which bulb I have got H4 or H7?

Best wishes,

Heather

It’s a minefield. You need to figure out which headlights you have first, you can tell by where the bulbs are placed within the headlight.
If H4 you can upgrade the bulbs to ‘whiter’ ones but don’t expect much extra light. If you want more light you’ll have to do some modifications or change the headlights. H7 same bulb options, better light output from the off. Don’t expect LED or xenon look though without changing the lights or doing modifications.

First things first, figure out which ones you have

Thank you guys , it turns out I do have a H4 set of bulbs.

On the hunt for good set of bulbs and pray they come out as I would expect. If not, then it’s all about trial and error I suppose? Any recommendations is welcomed though :)

On the hunt for good set of bulbs and pray they come out as I would expect. If not, then it’s all about trial and error I suppose? Any recommendations is welcomed though :)
Have a look at this thread

Simple, quick upgrade is up rated H4 bulbs; budget cost £25-30. This probably won’t be enough to satisfy.

Fashionable, bling option is THQ lights, budget about £500 plus fitting

Recommended option, in my opinion is Shuttle or Caravelle headlamp units. OE, look good, good light output, fit led DRL bulbs if you want a white light. Use Philips +200% H7 bulbs and get it coded so dip stays on with main beam.

Back