I upgraded my bulbs in my H4 units to the Osram Nightbreakers. Much better than standard and fraction of price of changing the light units. I know they are not nearly as good as H7 etc but I am happy with the difference compared to how much I spent.

I’ve fitted a couple of zethors H4 LED Bulbs they are a lot better but bring the bulb warning light on the dash now and again

Sorry for dumb question but I need to get a full set of spare bulbs for a trip to France and sets for the T6 seem to have H1, H4 or H7. I know I could take a bulb out to check but I'd rather not if I can avoid it.
So which is the most likely on an ex AA Startline 2017?

Thanks

H4 is standard, post a pic of them and we’ll confirm

H4.

upload_2019-2-7_10-10-33-png.36545

Assuming you are planning to drive in the dark, fit a pair of Osram Night Breakers and keep the current bulbs as spares.

There are plenty of threads on upgrading headlights - personally I am happy with the Osrams.

Hi Guys,
Sorry to be the one to post yet another headlight thread.
I have done some research and looked through previous posts and have a few questions from those in the know.
If I'm not mistaken, I have the h4s on my 2017 Kombie (pic attached) and have found some what I believe are H7s (pic attached), which I understand is a straight forward plug and play.
The question is, are my lights definitely H4s and are the others the correct year and H7s?
Also, is it worth changing to H7s or going for something like the THQ LED upgrade?

Thanks in advance and I promise to try not to ask any more silly questions.

20230925_200734.jpg383770758_3195794090721093_6764787732064764897_n.jpg

Top ones H4 bottom ones H7.
The transporter HQ thing is personal choice on the spend/look.
I’m happy since I changed to H7 and I like the look of them.IMG_5254.jpeg

Thanks for the confirmation.
I'm not so bothered about the looks of them, I'm after as much light as possible without being dazzlingly bright.
Can't belive VW managed to find such a crap set of lights to put on it. I was considering taking the bulbs out and putting a couple of candles in. Pretty sure it would give off a similar amount of light.

I also want to upgrade the bulbs in my wife’s 2023 highline camper conversion, are there any plug and play upgrade bulb kits or is it just trial and error?
all advise welcome
thanks

Hi, they are H7 55w/15w according to VW agent, all I know is the headlights are like candles compared to our other cars
Before you buy, look at this post and confirm which set you have, in case the dealer is incorrect:

Here’s a thread discussing H7 bulbs:

And H1/H7 bulbs:

My wife’s T6.1 has H7 55w/15w and they are very poor, what is the wattage of the H7 builds you have fitted?
thanks
I just have normal halogen 55w bulbs. But I’m comparing the Caravelle H7 to the Original T6 H4 which are truly shocking. I’m not sure how they compare to the new design on the T6.1

Back