What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

The plastic quality in the boot area is very cheap and incredibly easy to scratch with anything. I have added a 2mm layer of Velvet to avoid scratching and now it looks a bit more refined as well.

View attachment 210181

View attachment 210182

View attachment 210183

View attachment 210184

View attachment 210185

View attachment 210186
That looks very familiar :cool:

Wish you'd put that idea in my mind before I'd got the kitchen pod all clamped in place. That area is often where sand and tiny beach pebbles end up in our adventures despite me following the young uns around with a brush and baby wipes.

That looks very familiar :cool:

Wish you'd put that idea in my mind before I'd got the kitchen pod all clamped in place. That area is often where sand and tiny beach pebbles end up in our adventures despite me following the young uns around with a brush and baby wipes.
Haha. I hose down the kids down with a shower from Decathalon. Works pretty well!

The plastic quality in the boot area is very cheap and incredibly easy to scratch with anything. I have added a 2mm layer of Velvet to avoid scratching and now it looks a bit more refined as well.
Darn good idea, I like that. ;)

Is the 'velvet' adhesive backed? Do you have a link please.

My DIY skills are poor. This was my first attempt and 85% goood. The velvet I have used is very good. Is adhesive backed and you can reposition it several times. It is long enough to wrap all the plastic to the side door. Just do not stretch it too much otherwise you’ll get that wonky line you can see in my photos. Just stretch it in length not in width. And help yourself with a razor blade to trim the excess. Sharp blade is key. I have learnt after the first panel. I have glued the velvet to the panels and trimmed the excess. Expensive material but if you have no experience like me it will help you doing a decent job. I will cut the excess and make it look better. If I was to do it again I Would start wrapping front to back instead of tailgate to front. It will help to keep the lower line of the fabric aligned to the floor carpet.
Ideally you need 50cmx160, just to give you a little bit of play. The closest I could find was this at 40X150cm.

YushengTai Black Velvet Fabric, Faux Suede Fabric Self-Adhesive, Black Felt Fabric, 40 X 150 cm https://amzn.eu/d/g7vm0YM
IMG_0684.jpeg

IMG_0685.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of weeks ago I dropped off most of the cab interior at Coastal Cushions Co, where Andy re-trimmed the whole thing in lunar grey rather than the black it had when I bought the van. I had some new A pillars as I didn’t want the grab handles anymore and needed new speaker covers, but couldn’t find the right B pillars for my sunroof twin slider so he had to clean up the existing ones and prep them.

He made a full tutorial video (1 of 2/3 as he will post others for the head lining and maybe the sun visors) explaining his approach. He was a bit hard on the original work but it was starting to fail and the shiny black plastics were starting to chip and flake. I can’t fault his care and attention to detail. I’m super happy with the results. Seeing the prep work certainly makes me glad I got it professionally done.

Here’s the video he just posted today. I hope it can help guide someone who may be thinking about doing this themselves, so they end up with a long lasting result.

Very happy to discover this weekend that my parent's old 1960s Beanstalk Kamp Kitchen is an exact fit for our new Cadac.
View attachment 210397

Even happier when I saw one on Flea bay for £80!:oops:

A quick lick of paint and it's ready for another 60 years of service! :)

View attachment 210398
All the best things are 1960s vintage.........I might try a new lick of paint or is it Grecian 2000?

A couple of weeks ago I dropped off most of the cab interior at Coastal Cushions Co, where Andy re-trimmed the whole thing in lunar grey rather than the black it had when I bought the van. I had some new A pillars as I didn’t want the grab handles anymore and needed new speaker covers, but couldn’t find the right B pillars for my sunroof twin slider so he had to clean up the existing ones and prep them.

He made a full tutorial video (1 of 2/3 as he will post others for the head lining and maybe the sun visors) explaining his approach. He was a bit hard on the original work but it was starting to fail and the shiny black plastics were starting to chip and flake. I can’t fault his care and attention to detail. I’m super happy with the results. Seeing the prep work certainly makes me glad I got it professionally done.

Here’s the video he just posted today. I hope it can help guide someone who may be thinking about doing this themselves, so they end up with a long lasting result.

The bloke in that vid looks a lot like a working-class version of our local Tory MP (except he's got great skillz and our MP....well... less so)...
1692615337902.png1692635710878.png

After the disappointment of the Stitches and Steel screen cover, I took the plunge and bought the UK Custom Covers cheap one. Arrived today, ordered lunchtime Saturday. Fit is much better, even with our pop top and window deflectors. Has saved me from waiting 6 weeks and £250 for one with eyes.

@Saffa365 This time I made sure it was T6 compatible and not just a repackaged T5.1 cover.

UK Custom Covers SW402BLACK Luxury Front Windscreen Wrap Cover Black - To Fit VW Transporter T6/T6.1 2015 Onwards https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0847SRT59?ref_=cm_sw_r_apann_dp_4VMDWG5KZXM9WN9MBMH4

Model SW402
edit. Previous link was to blue version. Now link for black.

Last edited:
Back