What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Had to create an account and login for them to pull my pants down! £415!!! Wozers looks good but I’ll make do with £22 one from Amazon hacked to size!

Also bought this bug bite thing earlier hopefully it helps for when I do get bitten!
Yeah, not cheap. I think much of the cost is in the replacement step with the bottom rail built in. The ones for flat sided vans (not curved like a Transporter) are much cheaper.
We’ve ummed & ahhd for a couple of years about buying one. Every time we’re sat on a site battling mozzies & flys, we say we’re definitely going to get one when we get home. Then I see the price & balk, this year in a damp warm Italy was the final straw.

Not today but yesterday.
I removed the chrome TRANSPORTER lettering and the 4 motion badge
IMG_5131.jpeg
And replaced with the black version.
IMG_5132.jpeg
However, the red in the 4 mo badge is nothing like the TDi so the TDi badges might have to go, or be painted black and red to match.
And my replacement black VW badge hasn’t arrived yet.

Finished sound proofing the scuttle area, will test tomorrow to see if it makes a difference, pretty straightforward in the end, thanks to @DXX for the pointers on another thread.
It’ll be so quiet you’ll think the engine has stalled.
Seriously if you do all of the cab insulation and sound deadening you’ll find yourself looking at the rev counter a lot more often.
He says after a 4 day music festival with ears going zzzzzzzzzzzz

300 mile round trip to get adaptive cruise control retrofitted.

View attachment 207905

So, so much nicer on the way home! Not even 1 month without it was too long! No having to constantly adjust/turn off/turn on the std cruise control when coming up to slower traffic on the motorway with no rooms to pull out. Isn't quite as advanced as my previous car but I knew that, it's still a massive improvement.
Where did you get it done?

Fitted this rail recently. Then hated myself because of the visible screws.IMG_5575.jpeg
IMG_5574.jpeg

So today I cut my units up and fitted it the same way (I think) as Ecowagon do it.
Clean lines with no visible fixings.

IMG_5567.jpeg

IMG_5568.jpegIMG_5570.jpeg

Full length rail to work with the sliding bed. I trimmed the Evo table down to fit in line with the cabinets. It’s narrow but fine for our usage.

Back