What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Partially disassembled it...

Oh and while I was there, started on the job of routing wiring through the roof for extra lights, leisure battery monitor, and solar cables.

1000007509.jpg
1000007508.jpg
1000007510.jpg
6mm solar cables routed through the tailgate wiring boot, once I could find the hole into the main headlining area that is. I ran out of electrical tape, I'll tape up the boot later.
1000007506.jpg
MC4 connectors with sealing caps tucked neatly away in the roof rail channel under the awning, ready for solar when I eventually get around to it.
1000007505.jpg

My window bags should be here this week so I need to get at least the rear window wiring in unless I want to be continually fitting and removing the window bags.

Last edited:
Wotton Wanderers? Didn't they beat Man U 4-3 the other day? :mad:
As a Utd fan I think I must have mentally blocked that particular match out but my first thought on reading the above post was 'why not? everybody else has over the last few years'.

Last edited:
@MikeWillmott. I suspect the wrinkles will work their way out with a bit of use but please let us know how you get on with these after a bit of time has passed.
@z1ts. How were yours when you first fitted them compared to now?

So after my solo T6 Spring camp:) I came away with four mods: strip lights on pop top, usb on VW badge, diffuser on exposed led strip and this one:

Last year threw the orange "light of death" fridge out and replaced it with a chest fridge. In the camp discovered the 12v cable was long enough for the fridge to go in the Driveaway Awning. Absolute Game changer for food prep but the cable was a trip hazard. Solved with a 12v SAE feed under passenger seat.

Don't ask me why I label everything I guess its a sub conscious Gotham City 'Bat cave' thing. Come to think of it the black illuminated VW sign reminds me of something.

View attachment 238729

View attachment 238730

View attachment 238731
@dcpen43 - What is that fitting in the final photo?

Bike wash water storage- you could use an underslung tank to free up space inside.
Yeah it's something I've considered, I don't need a silly amount of water like the 70l tanks give, 25 or 30l would be enough
Subs inside the tailgate, either side?
Tbh if I was looking at fitting a sub, something like this would be my choice

It fits inside the caravelle plastic trim!
1000007522.jpg
1000007523.jpg
It replaces the space in the jack compartment, which lets face it, is a useless jack anyway...

I think an Alpine speaker upgrade, and maybe an amp later down the line, will be perfectly good enough for me.

@dcpen43 - What is that fitting in the final photo?
its an SAE connector for the 12v fridge source.

Takes up less rear space that a conventional Cigarette 12v socket but you need to watch out for polarity as there does not appear to be standard for right or left positive. In my case the positive red on the male was on lhs and in the rhs for this female SAE.

Reactions: CAB
Back