What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Suppose I deserved that one lol but many of us have different perspectives on size what you might think is big could well be pretty small ;)
It’s what you do with them!!!

Big brakes have 340mm discs

Last edited:
I bought my Shuttle last summer and fitted a Kiravans double swivel plate. Soon afterwards I discovered the middle 12v outlet socket didn't work. The fuse was now bolted under the double seat.....
Since then I fitted an ABB socket under the bonnet and fed the cable into the cabin and under the driver's seat.
Today's task was to remove the seats, find the fuse and route the cable, plus add a single red cable for the trickle charge of my leisure battery, which is going to be installed under the driver's seat.
The fuse (15A blue) wasn't blown, but I did find a second slot for another fuse. Now since I bought my first car (X reg Mini City) I have had a box of fuses, and moved around 13 times!!! I still have the box of fuses, so I popped another 15A fuse in the empty slot, routed the cables under the carpet to come out under the driver's seat and fitted it all back. I couldn't test the new fuse as with the double seat disconnected, it would have triggered a fault in the ECU.
But the new fuse did it's job! Phew!

While I’m actually there, washing the van, and I had just done that bit. At least it wasn’t the roof. I can just imagine his nasty little Muttley chuckle as he flew off. Dirty flying rat.

F595C58F-CFB9-4889-B673-E3095C26AEB5.jpeg

Stripped off a few parts of the bike rack last week & sent them to the powder coaters:

Bike rack 5.jpg

Bought a plumbers 2m copper pipe tube rack, cut it down to 1.55m & had that coated as well.
Fitted everything back today

Bike rack 8.jpg

Lost the ability to carry 4 bikes... :(
But as the moomin family consists of just the 3 of us, then its not too much of a deal breaker.

Bike rack 9.jpg

I can now carry the windbreak outside of the van, rather than taking precious room up inside the van... :thumbsup:
I can also just about squeeze the 6m flag pole, ground stake & the figure of 8 in there as well - bonus!!

Bike rack 12.jpg

Measurements worked out just about right!!

Bike rack 13.jpg

Back