What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Many thanks. Will try that. Unfortunately I could only source sikaflex 292i in white so might have to get some 291i
What is the difference between 291 and 292?

We use lots of 291i at work and I've just looked at the data sheets and can't see the difference.

I struggle with Sikaflex product selection and regularly have to phone for technical advice when we are doing an unusual project.

I'm sure that loads of Sika products are the same but in different packaging, but would never take the risk!

What is the difference between 291 and 292?

We use lots of 291i at work and I've just looked at the data sheets and can't see the difference.

I struggle with Sikaflex product selection and regularly have to phone for technical advice when we are doing an unusual project.

I'm sure that loads of Sika products are the same but in different packaging, but would never take the risk!
This is what I use with no issues at all. Nothing that I have stuck on has come off.

5B965200-3912-4F36-B2D9-1E4F83D7D079.jpeg

This is what I use with no issues at all. Nothing that I have stuck on has come off.

View attachment 151858
That's right. 522 is what we use on boats for adhering down panels. We use 291i for sealing of anything that will never want to be removed in the future, that is not exposed to UV.
I just wondered what 292 is used for in preference to 291?

That's right. 522 is what we use on boats for adhering down panels. We use 291i for sealing of anything that will never want to be removed in the future, that is not exposed to UV.
I just wondered what 292 is used for in preference to 291?
Sadly I can’t help you with your question. No doubt there will someone with an answer shortly.

Always has to be one that has to go one better ha
I remember cutting holes in my t4 to fit windows , did the sliding door first just in case i messed it up, was easy to be honest
Yep as long as youve got the right kit etc it’s relatively straight forward

So finally had my leaky VW sliders replaced with a set of recessed sliders supplied from THQ/Camper Glass.

I Was having trouble finding somewhere local to replace the windows as it was claimed that replacing the Transporter bonded windows can come with lots of potential issues. The one place who said they could do it seemed expensive and would not tell me which brand of windows they would be using to replace, regardless of me asking a few times. "It's about the quality of fitting, not the brand of window." was their constant reply.

Called the only convertor in Glasgow (who only does full conversions and rentals) for a quick chat about windows and they put me on to their preferred window fitter. Got in touch with this company, popped down for them to have a quick look at the van (which I believe was to check the interior for furniture, etc... that would hinder access to the windows) and they booked me in for a few days later. Dropped off my van at half eight and was back early afternoon to pick it up.

Windows were fitted without issue and haven't had any leaks in the few days they have been in, despite the heavy rain!

PXL_20220407_114945194.jpg

Close up finish on the recess (outside rear) top and bottom corners looks a bit poor as it's sealed here as it looks like the plastic frame here joins a rubber frame piece.

PXL_20220407_114949962.jpg

Saved well over £200 versus the "wouldn't tell me the brand" experienced window company and haven't had any water in (touch wood) versus the constant trickle down the inside when it rained with the VW sliders.

If the upcoming THQ flush sliders prove to be as good quality as the preview video claims I may look to change to these further down the line, but for now I'm dry and happy!

Thanks to those who read this far and for enduring my rambling.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I bought a set of Devonport wheels from 'Tommy boy', on the boards. Nice set of wheels with tyres that have a good amount of tread on them.
They were exactly as described and I'll vounch for him if anyone buys anything else he has for sale.
IMG_20220407_185425.jpg

Yesterday, I bought a set of Devonport wheels from 'Tommy boy', on the boards. Nice set of wheels with tyres that have a good amount of tread on them.
They were exactly as described and I'll vounch for him if anyone buys anything else he has for sale.
View attachment 152120
I recall seeing the honest and fair ad @Tommy boy posted for his wheels. You got yourself a nice bargain there

That looks flippin awesome!!

I've been wondering what to get/build. I've stayed in campers and love the fact you can heat water inside. I've been reluctant to go down this route, as I live in Scotland and standing outside to heat water and cook is not attractive.

I have a sleeping base I made from ply and was thinking for buying some heavy duty drawer runners to add a drawer system which I could remove when not camping. This pod looks like a great idea. But I still could use a camping stove on a table in the middle, if the rain is under 60 degrees to horizontal...

Yes I have a jet boil/cadac if needed under an awning…. The mattress is 4 inch memory foam …it’s getting its christening in Scotland on 15th …son is taking her for a week …. I had a camper last year this I can use as a car too

Last edited:
Not me, but someone or something.

Just spotted it, trying to figure out how that happened?

DSC_4263.JPG

Back