What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

That would be great cheers! Looks a good idea, there is not even a reflector on the door when open!!
I know that’s why I did it. I found some retrofit lights and harnesses I had for for my Audi that I never installed so I rewired them and used them in the van. The lights are LED also so no issues with having to replace bulbs.

Last edited:
I remember when I was a trainee mechanic back in the 80’s you could get a pre MOT, do they still exist?
Think they are now marketed under “Free Failures” or “You pass, you pay - you fail, it’s free!” type pitch

@ei-aprilia - Hi, I have the vinyl ready to tint my front fogs. Are there any special tricks I need to know to apply the vinyl tint? Do the fog lights need to be removed for the tinting?
I removed the fogs, this can be done without removing the bumper if you are careful but they are a squeeze to come out. A heat gun or hair dryer to help shape the film is a must. It took me around an hour I think start to finish.

It's the 5.1 battery cover with some creative work with the dremmel @BoroBoy

If you cut away the front flappy bit of the 5.1 cover... which is a poor fit for the T6 and follow the contour of the battery cover it fits nicely along the T6 front lip of the engine compartment... pleased with the fit and just took my time to get a nice finish rather than butchering it to fit..

Reactions: mmi
Have you modified your handbrake cover,
How much needs to come off?
Just got my swivels in so this is the next job for me!
Not done it yet. I think a Dremel tool would be ideal to cut this down but I don't have one. I guess however much the bracket was lowered is how much needs to come off the bottom of the cover. Let me know if you get there first.....would like to see the result

Starter battery in my 2018 Highline Kombi replaced under warranty this week by local VW garage. A half hour drive home after the fitting on Thursday is all the van has done since.
DoXaWDnl.jpg

It's the same brand (MOLL) as the original. Voltage reading with a multimeter today is 12.45v. I fitted a BM2 just now and that shows about the same voltage but gives me 61% state of charge message. I connected the BM2's black lead to chassis earth rather than the negative battery terminal. Should I assume that is about right for a T6 with stop/stop engine and a healthy (new) battery?

Used my new OBDeleven tool to lower the activation speed for auto high beam which has been driving me crazy ever since I got the van and enabled shutting rear electric tailgate from the keyfob button (previously the key button would only open it)

Last edited:
Bluetooth TV

Sony KDL43WF663BU 43" Smart 1080p Full HD TV

Back