What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Not just today, but over the last week or so.... replaced the Auxiliary belt and tensioner to get rid of the irritating squeaks, fitted carbon fibre grill trims (to cover up the previous red), fitted new mud flaps that look like they will actually do a much better job than the genuine VW shite things, removed my chrome sidebars, had tyres fitted to my new banded steels, fitted the wheels, then gave him a bath! :thumbsup:
View attachment 98984View attachment 98985View attachment 98986View attachment 98987
Where are your mud flaps from pal ?

It worked.... @ChrisR has these on his van and kindly passed on the link to me. They’re great and very easy to fix to the plastic arch liner of your van. They come with fixings and actually fit where mud flaps should, rather than too far back like the genuine VW ones. :thumbsup:

It worked.... @ChrisR has these on his van and kindly passed on the link to me. They’re great and very easy to fix to the plastic arch liner of your van. They come with fixings and actually fit where mud flaps should, rather than too far back like the genuine VW ones. :thumbsup:
Can you show a pic of where you fixed them?

Can you show a pic of where you fixed them?
I should’ve done that @JOG when I had the wheels off, but to be honest I was pushed for time yesterday when I was fitting them and losing daylight! I’ll get some pictures up ASAP. I used four fixings on each of the fronts and only three on each of the rears.... very easy job, but obviously a lot easier with the wheel off. I used an 8mm drill bit through the mud flap straight into the arch liner to create the hole for the fixings :thumbsup:

I should’ve done that @JOG when I had the wheels off, but to be honest I was pushed for time yesterday when I was fitting them and losing daylight! I’ll get some pictures up ASAP. I used four fixings on each of the fronts and only three on each of the rears.... very easy job, but obviously a lot easier with the wheel off. I used an 8mm drill bit through the mud flap straight into the arch liner to create the hole for the fixings :thumbsup:
No probs @T6ARF - whenever works for you is fine. Boris tells me I’m in no hurry as I’m going nowhere! ) It’s just that I washed my van today and can actually find my arch liners now!

I still haven't got around to fitting mine, I'm assuming it's going to be impossible to do the rears without removing the wheels.

When you get a chance @T6ARF can you take a pic of the MG from the rear please? Want to see how far they protrude from the van

Cheers buddy

To be honest @Texxaco, they protrude out as far as you want to fit them. They are just a flat mud flap so you can fit them where you want them?

Agh ok, I thought l the holes were pre drilled @T6ARF

I have the genuine VW ones and they are only good for show. Another upgrade for the list.

Back