What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Hi, I used the missus lipstick (no chance she’s reading this so I’m safe still) and covered the circle round the inset nut, then placed the spoiler in the van, the lipstick transferred to the van and marked where I needed to drill. Worked a treat and officially I have no idea who had been in the make up drawer
Wow! I've never achieved a ring of lipstick on my nuts but she has left an occasional "high tide" mark!

Do you use anything to hold your step mats down? I’ve got the same ones and they are forever falling out, well the Missus side is, I don’t use the step personally. Had to drive back to the Vets the other week to retrieve it from the car park.
a little bit of clear bathroom silicone so I can peel them out to wash when I need to but normally a quick brush is all they need, They were a complete pain before, always falling out

Do you use anything to hold your step mats down? I’ve got the same ones and they are forever falling out, well the Missus side is, I don’t use the step personally. Had to drive back to the Vets the other week to retrieve it from the car park.
I use velco strips on mine and haven't lost one yet..

:eek: Fed him what? And was Jog wearing lippy?
Well, my first thought was not to look a gift horse in the mouth. However, given the somewhat risqué nature of my original response, I was concerned that some may fear that I had introduced an element of bestiality….!!! Remember, lipstick on a pig and all that! Oops!!!

Painted my front calipers violet to match interior detailing, going to add decals and lacquer tomorrow, I had a nightmare trying to remove the spring clips to spray chrome, any tips on getting them back on without damaging the new paint too much would be greatly appreciated guysIMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG

Last edited:
All done and looking fresh, colour probably not everybody's cup of tea but I like to be different,, also got spring clips back in a lot easier than removing them, new wheels and ST-X suspension next
IMG_0720.JPG
IMG_0721.JPG
IMG_0722.JPG
IMG_0723.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG

Last edited:
These have came up well - what paint did you use. My wife wanted me to paint ours purple and I wasn’t sure but they look better than I thought
Thanks, I used Foliatec dark violet, its 2 pack unlike most and dries to a very hard finish within 12hrs but I left mine overnight then added decals and lacquer this morning

I plan to do this soon, love the finish.
Thanks, looks terrible when you first paint it on but smooths out nicely when drying, my one tip would be to spend plenty of time prepping and masking, as well as wire brushing all loose debris off its also a good idea to sand out any lumps and bumps in the main casting, good luck with yours, don't forget to post pics when your done, hopefully weather permitting I will get my rears done this weekend

Thanks, I used Foliatec dark violet, its 2 pack unlike most and dries to a very hard finish within 12hrs but I left mine overnight then added decals and lacquer this morning
DO you have to do all four brake callipers at once? Or could you do 2 one day and 2 a week or so later?
Would the paint go off?

Back