Valence U27-12XP Lifepo4 Lithium Battery -- How We Done It --

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Valence U27-12XP Lifepo4 Lithium Battery -- How We Done It --

with a lot of members having these batteries now, the other thread was being swamped.

so this is just about these batteries . . .

Valence U27-12XP Lifepo4 Lithium Battery

Lithium Werks provides safe, reliable and mobile energy solutions for energy storage Features
and transportation. The U27-12XP is a high-performance, 12 volt battery, built on a
patented Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry platform providing over 1.8 kWh.
The U27-12XP is ideal for material handling, stationary energy storage, and commerical
EV or marine applications. The module’s inherent safety, long cycle life, and zero
maintenance offers end-users another alternative to other battery chemistries and
diesel powered solutions by replacing with this reliable lithium ion solution

Features
• >4000 cycles at 80% DOD
• Create systems 12 - 1000 V
• Series and/or parallel operation
• Automatic cell monitoring & balancing (edit: master BMS or software & cable reqd)
• Temperature monitoring of cells
• Rugged mechanical design
• Thread locking feature
• Footprint of Group 27 lead acid case
• Maintenance-free
No hydrogen generation or gassing

Efficient & Fast Charging
High charge effciency of >90%. Increases productivity, reduces energy costs and eliminates the need for investments in battery change out systems.
High, Uniform Discharge Voltage
Delivers stable voltage during discharge and
increases equipment performance.
Longer Life : Provides > 10 times the life of lead acid batteries.
Robust Safety: Multiple levels of protection prevent operation outside of current, voltage, and temperature limits. (edit: master BMS & disconnect relay reqd)
No thermal runaway
No corrosive acid leaks
No explosive gassing
Space and Weight Efciency
Systems provide >3 times the energy per weight of lead acid.
Environmentally Safe
Does not contain toxic metals such as cobalt, lead, cadmium, nor any corrosive acids or alkalis.

1600772364388.png

1600772376876.png

1600772388397.png

1600772502962.png

1600772517116.png 1600772527492.png

www.lithiumwerks.com

T6F members with these batteries: ( anyone else got one PM me and ill add you to list )

@Dellmassive
@Discobadger
@Hickey
@drew_greenday
@Kramsdog
@Jollyvan
@ACM
@MrGrout
@Eddie Sutherland
@Dilbert
@ched
@Sjbso2000
@Wills
@Jh001
@DXX
@Lowlec
@Deaks
@Brennanpj
@caerfilthy
@Cooper
@drew_greenday
@andys
@Tandem2
@Joe Richardson
@Marcovan8

From my experience these are the IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT LITHIUM batteries:

DO NOT OVER CHARGE THEM, (USE A CHARGER FIT FOR PURPOSE)

DO NOT RUN THEM 100% FLAT, (TRY TO RECHARGE BEFORE 10-20%)

STORE THEM AT 50% IF PUT INTO STORAGE FOR A TIME,

USE THE CORRECT CHARGER / METHOD, (LITHIUM PROFILE OR SUPPLIED CHARGER)

DO NOT SUBJECT THEM TO HIGH TEMPS (IN VAN/CAR/TENT/CAMPER ETC) (KEEP BELOW 30degC) **** MOST IMPORTANT ****

DO NOT SUBJECT THEM TO VERY LOW TEMPS/FREEZING (IN VAN/CAR/TENT/CAMPER ETC) (below 0degC)

DONT LET THEM GET WET (IE OUT IN THE RAIN) UNLESS THEY ARE IP RATED

STICK WITH A KNOWN BRAND NAMES,

REMEMBER YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, SO CHEAP UNBRANDED IMPORTS MAY HAVE SUBSTANDARD PARTS THAT MAY HAVE FAILED QUALITY CONTROL WITH OTHER MANUFACTURERS.

STAY AWAY FROM LIPO CELLS. (older lithium tech)

More Info for people to compare:

here my batterys data . . . . .

i currently have the 6 below

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Id3

1599644811409.png

1599644823201.png

-------------------

id11

1599645484828.png

1599645455972.png

-------------------

id7

1599645654882.png

1599645671144.png

-------------------

id 10

1599658235967.png

1599658225720.png

-------------------

id 4

1599675746894.png

1599675768642.png

1599658832272.png

1600602455380.gif1600772714551.png

1600772728899.png

have a look at this thread too, which uses these batteries . . .

4226.jpg

1600772693286.png

Last edited:
Valence U27-12XP Lifepo4 Lithium Battery - what do i need to run these ?

These batteries are normally part of a large array in trucks and come with a master BMS controller and sperate isolator relay . . .

This is what they look like in their natural habitat . .

1600961245563.png

this is the OEM Master BMS . . .

1600961299360.png

and these are the main Contactor Relays . .

1600961342994.png

These are very popular in the solar storage and Leisure application on the second hand market . . .

but there are some things that you need to know about how to get the best out of these batteries . .

1: there is no internal "Low Voltage disconnect", this is because in the OEM setup the disconnect relay is separate in inline with a block of four batteries . . . what this means is that you can damage the battery if you run it too low (below 10v) . . . The manual states the OEM low volt cut off will kick in at 10v, but in our application we have to fit our own. there are many "battery protect" devices about . . . . My preferred unit is the Victron Smart Battery Protect. - Note that the internal BMS will track the voltage and show a green, yellow, red status LED.

you set the low volt trigger and at that point the loads are disconnected saving your battery . . . note all charge sources need to be behind it, ie dont back charge through it !

so you can either just use a battery monitor and isolator and switch off the battery when it runs low . . . or if like me your forgetful then fit the automatic version.

here is an example of the Victron 65A

Victron Energy Smart BatteryProtect 12/24V 65A - BPR065022000: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Victron Energy Smart BatteryProtect 12/24V 65A - BPR065022000: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
amzn.to

1600961802514.png

and the 100A version:

Victron Energy Smart Battery Protect 12/24V 100A - BPR110022000: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Victron Energy Smart Battery Protect 12/24V 100A - BPR110022000: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
amzn.to

1600961840272.png

2: Like most batteries there is no internal fuse or circuit breaker, we need to fit a safety fuse next to the battery. the fuse needs to be able to protect the cabling and installation. the size and rating of the fuse depends of the total system, the current drawn and the size of cables., ,. each cable or circuit needs to be protected by its own fuse. . . but the master battery fuse needs to be first inline and capable to carry to total system current . . . which is why the main battery cables are always the thickest.

you can use MIDI & MAXI fuses and fuse holders . . . you can also use thermal trip switches . . . . but from testing i have found to get hot in operation so prefer to use MIDI fuses now.

MIDI fuse holder example . .

All Trade Direct 1 X Strip Link & Midi Fuse Holder For Striplink & Midi Fuses Fuseholder Fits All: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Buy All Trade Direct 1 X Strip Link & Midi Fuse Holder For Striplink & Midi Fuses Fuseholder Fits All at Amazon UK. Free delivery on eligible orders.
amzn.to

1600962301085.png

and MIDI fuses . . .

Carviya 5 Pack Mini ANL Fuses 30 Amp 40Amp 60Amp 80 Amp 100 Amp (30/40/60/80/100 Amp Combine): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Buy Carviya 5 Pack Mini ANL Fuses 30 Amp 40Amp 60Amp 80 Amp 100 Amp (30/40/60/80/100 Amp Combine) at Amazon UK. Free delivery on eligible orders.
amzn.to

1600962246937.png

3: Isolator switch . . . This is optional.

If you want a master ON/OFF switch for the battery bank you can fit one of these . . . You can also use the Victron smart protect as a virtual on/off switch . . . or just remove the MIDI fuse as mentioned above . . . you might want to use this when the van is parked up for an extended period . . . oe while doing work on the van?

Master Switch Battery 12V/24V - Battery Cut Off Switch - Master Battery Isolator Disconnect Switch Car Battery Kill Switch Accessories For RV Yacht Boat Truck Bus Motorcycle Car: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Buy Master Switch Battery 12V/24V - Battery Cut Off Switch - Master Battery Isolator Disconnect Switch Car Battery Kill Switch Accessories For RV Yacht Boat Truck Bus Motorcycle Car at Amazon UK. Free delivery on eligible orders.
amzn.to

1600962472886.png

4: battery monitor . . . . This is optional. . . . being Lifepo4 a Shunt style of monitor is required . . . this will give you a gauged view of the SOC "state of charge" of the battery . . .

That will give you an idea of when to recharge etc and how much run time you have left . . . most will also show you how much power you are drawing or charging .

more can be seen over here > Battery Monitoring -- How I Done It --

My preferred shunt monitor is the Victron Smart Shunt, . . or the BMV712. . . . There are others now from Renogy and other suppliers.

Victron Energy SmartShunt Battery Monitor 500A Bluetooth Inside - SHU050150050: Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science
Victron Energy SmartShunt Battery Monitor 500A Bluetooth Inside - SHU050150050: Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science
amzn.to

1600962746723.png

and

Victron Energy Battery Monitor Digital Watt Voltage Current Power Meter (Battery Monitor BMV-712 Smart): Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science
Victron Energy Battery Monitor Digital Watt Voltage Current Power Meter (Battery Monitor BMV-712 Smart): Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science
amzn.to

1600962809820.png

The awesome BM2 is also a worthy investment for overall data logging (free APP on your phone, Bluetooth) . . with it you can see the over trend of the voltage in your system and see how and when the battery is being drained or charged. . .

Auto Battery Monitor BM2 Bluetooth 4.0 12V Device Car: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Auto Battery Monitor BM2 Bluetooth 4.0 12V Device Car: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
amzn.to

1600963583461.png

5: A Proper charge source . . . "Charger" . . . There is no inbuilt charge protection, so its important that you use a charger fit for purpose. most modern smart charger are suitable if they have a lithium profile . .

Remember "charge Sources" are EHU charger, DC-DC charger, Solar charger etc etc etc . . . basically any source that will feed to power to the battery. - s o you need to make sure that all your charge sources are suitable

more can be seen here >

EHU - Battery Chargers - How I Did It -
DC-DC - DC-DC Charger (for leisure battery) -- How I Done It --
Solar - Solar PWM & MPPT Controllers - How I Done It -

my preferred charger is now Victron because of the excellent data monitoring, configuration and usability of the free Blutooth APP.

heres two examples of the ones i have:

15A blue smart charger . . .

Victron Energy BPC120531064R Battery Chargers with Built-in Bluetooth Module: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
Buy Victron Energy BPC120531064R Battery Chargers with Built-in Bluetooth Module at Amazon UK. Free delivery on eligible orders.
amzn.to

1600963299343.png

30A blue smart 12/30/1 charger

Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
amzn.to

1600963370383.png

6: Low temperature protection . . . . . These batteries can be used down to -10degc which is great . . . . BUT the only issue is charging !!

like most Lifpo4 batterys they should not be charged below 0dec . . . or 5degC if you add a margin... . one option is to fit a temp monitor and APP to get some real data on the batteries temp . . . . just because its freezing outside it doesn't mean the battery inside the van is also freezing . . . so start with a temp monitor.

like one of these . . . Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --

ORIA Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, [Upgraded 50m Range] Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Data Export and Notification Alerts Push for iOS Android for House, Wine Cigar, Baby Room: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop ORIA Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, [Upgraded 50m Range] Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Data Export and Notification Alerts Push for iOS Android for House, Wine Cigar, Baby Room.
amzn.to

1600964182762.png

if you are in a situation where you need to charge at very cold temps then look at some of the options over here > Lithium LifePo4 12v Batteries - Time For An Upgrade?

or get yourself some 12v heat pads and thermostat . . . but remember is only CHARGING where this is important . . . . you may find that just running some loads for a few mins is enough to raise the battery temp.

7: BMS comms cable and software . . . optional . . . the internal BMS in the OEM setting is running 24/7 as as such data logs all the battery metrics . . . like SOC and WH discharged etc etc . . . BUT when the battery is separated from the master BMS the data logging is switched OFF after a few mins. . .

that is until you get/make your own cable and run you own software . . so when the battery is running stand alone . . . as in our vans the data logging is disabled . .

its been suggested to have the cable and software . . . because when plugged in and connected the internal BMS starts logging data and activates the top balancer circuit. . . the suggestion is that with daily use (charge /discharge cycles) that the battery should be fully charged with the cable and software connected to that a fully top balance of the internal cells is carried out ( every 1-3months if battery is used daily) . - note that most users of these batteries don't do this and just charge and discharge as normal with no ill effects provided the charging and discharge limits are not exceeded. (im doing tests to see if the internal balancer kicks in without the software connected)

Dilbert said:
I checked the depth of the holes on my battery and the negative hole depth is only 15mm. I guess they vary a bit. I see the original link cables had some chunky lugs on them hence the original 18-20mm screws. People just need to be aware that our lug thickness sizes are likely to be smaller even if a few are stacked.
I have just found the official data in the manual. Looks like they recommend M8 (1.25) with 12mm thread.

XP terminals.png

Last edited:
Dilbert said:
Thanks for the info @Dellmassive

I checked the depth of the holes on my battery and the negative hole depth is only 15mm. I guess they vary a bit. I see the original link cables had some chunky lugs on them hence the original 18-20mm screws. People just need to be aware that our lug thickness sizes are likely to be smaller even if a few are stacked.
Same – I've got 15mm on the -ve too.
I've seen 16mm M8 Flanged bolts on eBay which might be handy if you've only got a few lugs...
Anybody thought about a standard post style terminal, or could recommend a seller?

Here are the screenshots from the Valence software for my battery.

When I first connected the software to the battery and placed the unit on charge, the cell block balance was out enough for the BMS Balancing system to be ‘Active’ (a cell block >3.36 V and >40 mV above the lowest cell).
Valence U27-XP id7 a.png

Valence U27-XP id7 b.png

The next screenshots were taken after charging for 15 hours. Cell block balancing is now ‘Inactive’. The charger had gone into Float/Storage mode and the terminal voltage is still higher than the 13.5V provided by the Victron Li-Ion profile in float/storage mode.
Valence U27-XP id7 aa.png

Valence U27-XP id7 bb.png

Valance XP Battery Management System (BMS)

It is important to note that it would appear that some functions of the XP battery’s internal BMS only work when the internal BMS is talking to an external controller. In large commercial battery bank installations this would be from a ‘master BMS’ controller (e.g. the Valence U-BMS module).

The XP BMS system will only activate the internal cell block balancing when 5V is applied to the RS-485 connector and data is being exchanged. This is easiest done by connecting a laptop using the Valence software. The software must be in ‘Read’ mode so the data is active (i.e. values can be seen on the screen). See the previous post from @Dellmassive for details on connecting the software: Lithium LifePo4 12v Batteries - Time For An Upgrade?

It is recommended that inter cell block balancing is carried out every 1 – 3 months depending on usage.

Another recommendation made is not to charge at the maximum 14.6V that is specified if cell block balancing is not active (in our applications we will not have a an external ‘Master BMS’ continually controlling the internal XP BMS). A lower charge voltage should prevent any individual cell block going above 3.8V when cell balancing is off. Charge voltages as low as 13.8V – 13.95V have been recommended. The Victron Li-Ion profile is 14.2V bulk, 13.5V float/storage. I am happy, therefore, to keep it at these voltages for our application and to carry out occasional manual cell block balancing using the Valence software. This will also allow routine monitoring of the cell status.

There is some very useful information on this forum Valence XP Super Thread by member ‘Travis’ who has a lot of experience with these used Valence XP batteries. (Note - many members on the forum are configuring large banks of batteries for solar applications. In these situations an external ‘Master BMS’ is required to keep the batteries in the series connected bank balanced. One guy has developed a much cheaper Arduino based BMS to do all his XP battery control and protection.

nice pic here of the BMS . . .

"
The black circles on the side of the u27-12xp reveal screws. You can remove the side cover and you'll have access to the individual wires going to the cell blocks so you could actually hook up a traditional cell balancer like a Batrium or many other far cheaper than Batrium choices. But if you have more than a few batteries that would be a hell of a lot of wires and I'd recommend getting the actual BMS designed for these.

Photo courtesy of Technologie "

1600516428241.png

img-20190331-124124-456_1_orig.jpg
Valence XP Super Thread
#1: I'll try and keep this organized. We're limited to 10,000 characters so this will be a multi part post. If you have an XP battery or a bunch of them this will be a good thread for information on how to treat them properly. We'll discuss what the Valence Brand U-BMS actually does and how to...
final-favicon_orig.png diysolarforum.com

Technologie
Technologie
cogito44.free.fr

1600516486916.png

yep, I've had two of these running for over a year now and not had any issues with them , , , nor had the software connected every 3months or anything etc etc.

all i do is use a " victron smart battery protect " set at 11v to disconnect the battery before it get too low (10v internal emergacy cut off = Red flashing LED)

so its fit and forget,

provided you have a charger with lithium profile, (14.2v like victron or the 14.6v)

and dont let them run flat . . " victron smart battery protect " or battery saver (as above)

also no bulk charging below 0degC . . . . . but so far I've not had temps that low in London.

just remember with these, you cant charge through them . . .

only disconnect the out going loads..

so fit one, after you main outgoing live to the fuse-box,

but connect the charge behind it !!

amzn.to

1600517257855.png

I have the Victron Battery Protect ready to go in the van. :thumbsup:

It's a shame the Victron Blue Smart IP22 chargers do not support VE.Smart like the MPPT chargers do. You can then set the charge cut off temperature. Apparently the processor in Blue Smart IP22 chargers is not man enough to keep up with the communications. Rather an oversight by Victron I think.

I can manually monitor temperatures via the Victron app with the Smart Battery Sense I am already using and networking to the MPPT solar charger. Solar is the highest risk of unattended charging at low temperatures anyway and I can set that to cut off.

Dilbert said:
I have the Victron Battery Protect ready to go in the van. :thumbsup:

It's a shame the Victron Blue Smart IP22 chargers do not support VE.Smart like the MPPT chargers do. You can then set the charge cut off temperature. Apparently the processor in Blue Smart IP22 chargers is not man enough to keep up with the communications. Rather an oversight by Victron I think.

I can manually monitor temperatures via the Victron app with the Smart Battery Sense I am already using and networking to the MPPT solar charger. Solar is the highest risk of unattended charging at low temperatures anyway and I can set that to cut off.
yes agreed,

you can use the BMV712 shunt (with the temp sensor) to switch its relay output based around temp data.

so you could use that to disable charge sources via a signal trigger or larger relay. (all mentioned earlier in thead at the LTD pages . . )

Dellmassive said:
you can use the BMV712 shunt (with the temp sensor) to switch its relay output based around temp data.
Yes, good point. I bought a Smart Shunt but may be best to return that and spend more for the BMV712 + temperature sensor. I don't need the display particularly but the relay output would be good. Have to have a think....

Just reading through the Valence U27 V2 manual and see that a BMS designed for lead / acid batteries may not calculate the SOC correctly.
I’ve bought a Victron BMV712 Smart with temperature sensor to use as a monitor via bluetooth on my canoe battery. Will the Victron BMV712 calculate correctly?

C1C691E6-A633-474D-BAFD-5A79E4B308B4.png

DXX said:
Just reading through the Valence U27 V2 manual and see that a BMS designed for lead / acid batteries may not calculate the SOC correctly.
I’ve bought a Victron BMV712 Smart with temperature sensor to use as a monitor via bluetooth on my canoe battery. Will the Victron BMV712 calculate correctly?

View attachment 85610
Yes.

It will calculate the SOC correctly.

Just set the battery menu parameters correctly.

The above refers to a SOC monitor that rely on a SLA voltage to calculate the SOC......

As lifepo4 keep a steady voltage for most of the capacities.... a proper shunt monitor is preferable to correctly calculate the SOC.

just stick a cheap temp monitor on the battery . . . . (to see if you ever get near 0degc battery temp)

like these . . . £13 and a free APP. ( i got 3 of these ones now)

ORIA Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, [Upgraded 35m Range] Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Screen, Button, Data Export and Alerts for iOS/Android, Build-in Magnet for House: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop ORIA Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, [Upgraded 35m Range] Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Screen, Button, Data Export and Alerts for iOS/Android, Build-in Magnet for House.
amzn.to

1600517376084.png

just been in contact with the seller . . .

due to the high demand of these Lifepo4 batteries.

They are releasing another 20 units for sale. . .

so if your thinking of Lithium upgrade in the future you can grab one now at a great price =]

its looking with most have under 50 charge/discharge cycles . . and over 93% capacity

*-*-*---

T6-Logo.og.png
For Sale - Valence U27-12XP Series 12V 138ah Lifepo4 Battery
Valence U27-12XP Series 12V 138ah Lifepo4 Battery ok people, the seller has said we can do a group buy. There are 10-20 batteries available, they are listed else where, so its first come first served. - once they are gone . . . there gone. They are £305 each via cash or BACS and to be...
www.t6forum.com
www.t6forum.com

1600273838510.png

Valence U27-12XP - bolts and connections . .

factory bolts are 18-20mm ish

hole depths

pos - 25mm

neg - 22mm

so prob M8x20mm be best if you only one or two lugs on terminal.

any more then get longer . . .

i just got a pack of each and M8 split washers

1600341143332.png

M8 (8mm x 20mm) Flanged Hex Bolt (Fully Threaded Setscrew) - Stainless Steel (A2) (Pack of 10): Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop M8 (8mm x 20mm) Flanged Hex Bolt (Fully Threaded Setscrew) - Stainless Steel (A2) (Pack of 10).
amzn.to

M8 (8mm x 25mm) Flanged Hex Bolt (Fully Threaded Setscrew) - Stainless Steel (A2) (Pack of 10): Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop M8 (8mm x 25mm) Flanged Hex Bolt (Fully Threaded Setscrew) - Stainless Steel (A2) (Pack of 10).
amzn.to

M8 (8mm) Rectangular Spring Split Lock Washer - Stainless Steel (A2) (Pack of 20): Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Valence OEM bolts . . . >>>

plastic capped for safety is a nice feature . . .

1600340880329.png

1600340892014.png

1600340902754.png

and oem link cables . . . >>>

1600340938383.png

1600340949377.png

1600340960636.png

and for those that are worried about cold temps and charging . . . .

first start off with one of these . . . . so you have real data on the temps, then go from there.

got one of these to start with . . . that way you see the actual temp . . . . and see in you are getting near or bellow the 0-5degc point. . . . . >>>>

£13 quid for a bluetooth temp monitor with alarm and free APP

Brifit [Upgraded] Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Data Export for iOS Android, Alarm Function, 35m Wireless Range, for House, Guitar Case, Greenhouse: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
Brifit [Upgraded] Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Data Export for iOS Android, Alarm Function, 35m Wireless Range, for House, Guitar Case, Greenhouse: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
amzn.to

1600341044537.png

you can see them in action over on the fridges thread . . .

T6-Logo.og.png
Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --
Anybody come across this company - Alternate - seem to be German based but they are selling the Mobicool MCF's at a good price. £261 for MCF32 and £281 for MCF40 https://www.alternate.co.uk/Mobicool/MCF32-Cooler/html/product/1628128?
www.t6forum.com
www.t6forum.com

Dellmassive said:
Valence U27-12XP - bolts and connections . .

factory bolts are 18-20mm ish

hole depths

pos - 25mm

neg - 22mm
Thanks for the info @Dellmassive

@Dellmassive I managed to make up a lead and test the battery I bought last weekend.

1599389004919.png

1599389052655.png

Very pleased with the data and only 42 cycles!

I'm going over this afternoon to collect another.
Hopefully it will be just as good.

Think I'll pick up some of the cable connectors at the same time.

Valence U-Charge XP® Series (12v 45Ah - 144Ah)
U-Charge® XP for 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V up to 1kV Battery

Download Data Sheets - Lithium Werks

Valence U-Charge XP® Series
The U-Charge XP®series is a family of 12, 18, 24 and 36 volt battery modules, available in a variety of capacities, to be used as the building block of a larger energy storage system by assembling in series or parallel. The modular approach allows for flexible configurations to match almost any voltage and capacity requirements. Prototype systems can assembled faster than any time previously, therefore reducing project development time and decreasing non-recurring engineering (NRE) expenses.

U-Charge XP® batteries incorporate safe lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) offering intrinsic safety with twice the run-time and 70% the weight of similarly sized sealed lead-acid batteries. The U-Charge series offers energy storage solutions in standard battery sizes (per the Battery Council International) for a wide variety of applications. They have been successfully used in commercial vehicles such as EV buses, delivery trucks, port tractors, and marine vessels. XP modules are now being considered for new markets such as material handling, mining equipment and energy storage systems.

modular-battery-pack.png

Hundreds of thousands of U-Charge® systems have been deployed in a range of equipment since 2006. These systems provide customers in the Motive, Marine, Industrial and Back Up Power market sectors complete confidence in the proven capabilities of our systems. High level benefits for each vertical market include:

Motive – High cycle life and run-time

Marine – Zero maintenance

Material Handling – Fast charging and longer run-time

Industrial – Lower cost of ownership

Energy Storage – Excellent float life

• >4000 cycles (80% DOD)
  • Exceptional voltage stability
  • Standard voltage range from 12V – 1000V
  • Maintenance free
  • Automatic Intra and Inter module balancing
  • Can be charged using most standard lead acid chargers
  • Communication of monitored data via Battery Management System (BMS)
  • Rugged mechanical design
  • Flame retardant plastics
  • LED battery status indicator
  • Carrying Straps (U24, U27, UEV models)
  • Manufactured in standard BCI sizes

Charge-performance-web.jpg

life-cycle-performance-web.jpg

Back