Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Valence U27-12XP Series 12V 138ah Lifepo4 Battery

ok people, the seller has said we can do a group buy.

There are 10-20 batteries available,

they are listed else where, so its first come first served. - once they are gone . . . there gone.

They are £305 each via cash or BACS

and to be collected or arrange your own courier. (WA8 Widnes location)

To get one, PM me @Dellmassive with your name & email address and ill forward the details over PM.

1599585965818.png

1599585949817.png

all in the thread above.

all below 60 odd charge/discharge cycles apparently.

removed from a council e-bus or truck that had less than 5k on the clock.

seller had bought two busses to make one, but is selling these batteries off.

i have bought from them myself, as have other T6F members.

the first one i had from them tested above 125ah on the first test.>>

and yes they have BMS (see the thread) on board, LBP is recommended as with all Lithiums.

Very tempted to get what I guess will be around 3 times the battery capacity of my current battery but I’m a little concerned that I don’t know enough to set these up correctly.

@Spaghetti Pete, I think you have the same Sargent mains charger setup as me in your van. Would these run ok on that so you think or would that need to come out?

Sorry Lee, shouldn’t have been so hasty with the reply! ;)

@cgtmiles I’m not sure about the sargeant, I’ve got a PMS3H, but it has a 13.8v (12v) PSU and I have a CTEK.

Sounds a cracking deal, so I’ll have to ponder.

Last edited:
These are awesome batteries . . .

i paid £550 odd for my first second hand one . . .

anyway, all you need to change over from SLA batteries to Lifepo4 is . . . .

a DC-DC charger with a Lithium Profile,

and/or

A Solar MPPT charger with a Lithium Profile,

and/or

A EHU charger with a Lithium Profile,

-----

you may also want to add at some point a LBP (Low Battery Protect) - (To shut off loads at 11v) or just use a battery monitor.

My EHU charger is similar to Pete’s (although different, sorry Pete I thought I remembered seeing the control panel in your van). 13.8v12A max, would that work?

depends if it can charge to 14.6v and if it has a lithium profile.

post some pics of the EHU charger . . .

like @Spaghetti said above the Sargent and other camper power units are just 12v power supplies, i dont know if they can charge a AGM or Lithium properly.

Just reading the manual now :rolleyes:
I think the short answer is no it can’t, it just says it supplies up to 12A at 13.8v (155w) which is prioritised to the 12v supply, so no profile and I guess constant, so then it can’t charge the currently installed AGM battery properly either I guess!

Anyway, sorry for the questions, tempting offer but I’ll leave it for now thanks. Good luck with the group buy!

Just reading the manual now :rolleyes:
I think the short answer is no it can’t, it just says it supplies up to 12A at 13.8v (155w) which is prioritised to the 12v supply, so no profile and I guess constant, so then it can’t charge the currently installed AGM battery properly either I guess!

Anyway, sorry for the questions, tempting offer but I’ll leave it for now thanks. Good luck with the group buy!
yeh, kinda . . . off EHU anyway. - its an easy fix though, just install a Victron 240v charger (or other mains charger with a lithium profile) and ditch the charge wire from the Sargent thing.

what about DC_DC when your driving? - what have you got there?

solar?

Dc/dc and solar is fine (I think) both victron with selectable battery on the app

there you go, easy fix. just add/upgrade your EHU charger to one with Lithium profile.

Just looking at the destructions again, the fridge isn’t connected properly but then I knew that but the 12v supply doesn’t turn off when the engines running as it’s supposed to so that’s not connected properly (good really as the kids use this while we’re driving). I don’t think I’m going to mess with it until I have to.
The charger is internally connected to the supply and I think it’s at least another £100 for the changer. I’m gonna give it a miss but thanks again

Here’s the data sheet for the battery if anyone needs dimensions and stuff

Attachments

• U27-12XP-Data-Sheet-082819 2.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Just spoken with the seller, there are still some batteries left . . . .

just been in contact with the seller . . .

due to the high demand of these Lifepo4 batteries.

They are releasing another 20 units for sale. . .

so if your thinking of Lithium upgrade in the future you can grab one now at a great price =]

its looking with most have under 50 charge/discharge cycles . . and over 93% capacity

*-*-*---

They are £305 each via cash or BACS

and to be collected or arrange your own courier. (WA8 Widnes location)

To get one, PM me @Dellmassive with your name & email address and ill forward the details over PM.

1600273838510.png

1600273874813.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back