TV’s, their Locations and Setups.

I have the Cello smart tv as above, a 24" I think, I took it a couple of times for the kids to use at bedtime so they keep their routine of watching two Waffle/Ben and Holly/Peppa and then it's sleepy time.

But the last two times I've left it behind and just let them watch their iPads for 20 minutes instead. It's one less thing to take or get broken.

I have the Cello smart tv as above, a 24" I think, I took it a couple of times for the kids to use at bedtime so they keep their routine of watching two Waffle/Ben and Holly/Peppa and then it's sleepy time.

But the last two times I've left it behind and just let them watch their iPads for 20 minutes instead. It's one less thing to take or get broken.

Sounds like I might be up for a deal on a second had smart TV ;-)

TV is banned unless it's raining - but I was thinking more for travelling, find the ipad ends up on the end of their nose!!

TV is banned unless it's raining - but I was thinking more for travelling, find the ipad ends up on the end of their nose!!
My little one has her iPad mounted on a bracket in front of her, she often falls asleep on long journeys and it would end up clattering to the floor otherwise

Anyone got a good method of keeping the tv fairly secure when traveling other than unsightly bungee chords .. I've made my tv non quick release removable from the swivel bracket and was checking the best position of TV when driving .. 22 inch fixed on veedubs wedge shaped bracket and articulated arm.

Leave it at home....it's a camper van for exploring, enjoying life and meeting people.....:whistle:

made mine removable and store it between the duvet and pillows when travelling safely stored and out of sight

I am looking to buy a tv for my T6 camper. I have seen that it’s possible to fit a bracket onto the headrest of the drivers seat and use an external aerial (if camping off grid) fo a signal. I see that Cello do 16 and 19 inch models, but not sure what size I can realistically fit on the bracket, bearing in mind where it’s going to be positioned.
Any advice would be help with regards to TVs aerials and brackets.
thanks

Last edited:
I did use a 19" Cello in my van, but to be honest it was easier to hook up the iPads and let the kids watch Netflix etc on them.

The Cello is fine, but a bit slow and clunky and some of the smart apps were no longer supported after 12 months on my model.

We've got a 16" Cello. It plays virtually any video file format via USB but the sound is bloody awful (That said, I'm partially deaf through a lifetime of firing guns!). However, that's not a major problem as we use a Jam Heavy metal bluetooth speaker. Picture quality is very good

another Cello tv user here...i went with the 22" smart traveller - 22” Smart Full HD Traveller TV with Satellite Tuner - Cello Electronics (UK) Ltd

I fabricated my own mount to clip on to the back of the middle seat headrest...when not in use, it tucks behind the drivers seat out of sight.

i went with this as its android, supports the sky sports app so i can recline the rear seat a bit, and chill out and watch the F1 from the van tethering to my phone when i find myself away from home at the weekends :)

IMG-20190831-WA0003.jpeg

Hi. Please accept my apologies if posted before but I cannot seem to
Seek the answer I need.

I’ve wired a drop down screen requiring an ACC (ignition live), a B+ (permanent live) and an earth (I’ve earthed to the top seat belt bolt on drivers side)

I understand the difference between ignition and permanent.

I've researched and seen the middle top 15amp (under CUP HOLDER/DSG shift) Fuse is an ignition live. But struggled to locate a permanent live.

to overcome this i purchased a multimeter to read the power of the fuses in this location.

I’m inexperienced in using a multimeter but can get it to read direct from
Battery.

I cannot get it to read any fuses wether that be ignition on or off.

I strongly seek advice of where to find a B+ and ACC.

all
Wiring is currently wired to the fuse area under the cup holder/ gear shift.

I plan on using piggy back fuses and would welcome advice.

Thanks in advance.

Most of the fuses in the bottom half of the fuse box are permanent live. I’ve used any in the RH column

Drop Down Monitor.
Has anyone fitted.one of these. Going to need something to keep the kids entertained on long drives. Ideally need one with the ability to stream from phone etc.

Back