Another TV Alternative

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I know many of us have ditched the idea of a 12v TV in the van and have moved onto using ipads or other tablets for everything. If you still want to be able to watch TV, and I must admit I don't watch very much ordinary broadcasting, I've come across this little thing that arrived today
Apple and Android TV Tuner - August DVB-T405 - Watch Live Freeview on Mobile 736832031966 | eBay

It's the size of a matchbox, runs off USB (and actually has an internal battery) and incorporates a freeview tuner which it then outputs over its own wifi network allowing it to be received on an app on your phone or tablet. I wasn't expecting much for 25 quid, but after plugging in the little aerial and doing a scan it found more stations than my actual TV with its outside aerial! Obviously it's going to depend on area reception but so would any TV. The channels are coming through clear and sharp with no glitches, you just scroll up and down on the app TV guide and click on what you want to watch. I'm well impressed for the money and it's going in the van for any future trips.

Well that's annoying, I paid £25.46 but it's now coming up at £34.95.

It still has the 15% off which brings it below £30, so it's gone up by a fiver since Sunday

I bought a top quality PC HD Freeview USB tuner. Works perfect with my laptop :)

It must be the auto pricing thing, as it’s now £35!
It is, but if you look underneath it says there's a 15% disc which applies when you get to checkout. It was £29.95 when I clicked on it but ended up £4 odd cheaper when I actually went to pay

I bought a top quality PC HD Freeview USB tuner. Works perfect with my laptop :)
Yes I had one too, but the wifi on this means I can do away with taking a laptop as it doesn't need plugging in

Back