TV’s, their Locations and Setups.

I must admit if I find myself wanting to watch a screen when I’m in the van I’ve generally ended up in a lay-by or somewhere that looked better online that it actually is.

LED projectors are getting cheaper, would work nicely on the Poptop front... also less bulk to store and less likely to get broken in transit :)

After considering lots of options that people shared in here I went with a simple option and fitted a Rokk mini tablet mount. Have to say I’m very impressed, its really easy to fit the tablet onto the mount and because it’s on the sliding panel of our roof we have some options for where the tablet sits for sitting or lying in bed. Great piece of kit!

48B6F1EB-A2C6-4560-8E29-B0962BE64D21.jpeg0849ED13-DB38-483B-A259-EB3C01712624.jpeg

I have a spare telly that was in our kitchen at home. It's a 22" I think? but it's got a great big transformer with it, 240v AC down to 24v DC. Any thoughts on how this could be powered for use in the van? I would put a bracket on the bulkhead, that would be enough for me.....
Ta in advance.

I have a spare telly that was in our kitchen at home. It's a 22" I think? but it's got a great big transformer with it, 240v AC down to 24v DC. Any thoughts on how this could be powered for use in the van? I would put a bracket on the bulkhead, that would be enough for me.....
Ta in advance.

Probably not worth the hassle. The current will be too high for a sensible solution.

Leave it at home and enjoy van life with no screens........ Look out the windows....

I have Kuma Tilt and Swivel tv mount for sale. These are suitable for 17 - 37 inch TV's. £20 posted.

lots of great recommendations about TV's and Brackets so thanks for that! Does anyone have any details about how they are powering the TV's when on 12v are they cig lighters? i want to power a mini snes as well and dont really want wires running everywhere so i want to fit some additional plugs near the B pillar.

Hi everyone we’re looking to buy a tv for ou campervan. Any advice on what’s best would be much appreciated.
thanks in anticipation

12v or 240v ?
We have a small portable TV that has internal batteries and works off 12v.
Perfect for catching up on news and weather, and it works abroad, but I wouldn’t want to watch it for too long.

Pete

The biggest problem I have found is a suitable ariel that works for basic tv channels .Tried several that have had good reviews on here and not even been able to find a station whilst parked on my drive :slow rofl:

Has anyone fitted a TV in a Pop Top roof? I had the idea of having the TV secured flat to the roof board, and then swivel down to watch. However I was about to try and use butterfly spring bolts as in plaster board. But need at least 40mm to push through and not enough space.
So, has anyone managed to secure the TV to the roof panel and how did you do it.
Much obliged to any sensible response.

Hi there

I’m just enquiring over a TV, after seeing some fellow members TVs looking really cool. I’ve got a projector currently but the TV is so much easier especially with a fire stick hooked up.

Where do you get the power from and where are people hanging it? Ideally I’d like it situated in one place rather than storing it away etc.

Help appreciated as always.

Not quite a TV, but we use streaming/catch-up TV services on a Microsoft Surface tablet. We use a Rokk tablet mount, the base for which is screwed to the pop-top hatch cover and is very discreet when not in use. This allows us to watch TV whether we're "downstairs" or up in the pop-top (where we choose to sleep most of the time).

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any advice on this.
1000029561.jpg20240309_131151.jpg20230611_175110.jpg1000030590.jpg1000030571.jpg
I'm trying to install a monitor for working on at the back of the van, I've got the ushape furniture so I need to have it on the side wall with an arm to bring it out closer to the table.

I bought one of the MountIt brackets which are designed for campers as they can lock into place.

I'm trying to figure out if the window reinforcement bar would have enough strength to hold it. It's been a while since I cut out the others when doing the windows. The last thing I want to do is warp the metal by having too much weight on it.

Anyone ever done anything like this before?

Il attach a few images to explain it better.

Cheers!

Hi there

I’m just enquiring over a TV, after seeing some fellow members TVs looking really cool. I’ve got a projector currently but the TV is so much easier especially with a fire stick hooked up.

Where do you get the power from and where are people hanging it? Ideally I’d like it situated in one place rather than storing it away etc.

Help appreciated as always.
Hi I got a 12v tv from eBay. It’s got a fag lighter plug and a normal one so can run on 12v or EHU.
I have upper units above my hob/sink so got a normal tv wall bracket and screwed it to the top units.
The tv either folds flat against the units when not in use and then swings out for viewing. I tightened the bracket nuts up super tight so the tv takes some persuading to move but stays in position. I also bungee it back for travelling.
I got a 12v tv with free view and a dvd player. A cheap bee sting type Ariel with give you some Chanel’s depending on where you are.
I hook up a firestick to the tv and hotspot it off my phone which has unlimited data. With a few bars of 4G I can stream hd movies on Netflix.
The DVD player is for when I’ve no service on my phone.
Tv was £175
Ariel £6
Everything works great

Back