Ignition Live Under Passenger Seat - How Its Done -

From what I've seen across threads the physical feeds seem the same in both T6 and T6.1 - it's a 10mm feed that splits into 3/4 fused feeds under the passenger seat. The T6.1 ones seemed to be fused a little higher.

In terms of the module the T6 one seems to handle most functions internally but has a discrete "normal" relay in the fuseboxes for the ignition switched feed discussed here, whereas the T6.1 doesn't have the separate relay and does everything internally.

Looking at the screenshots of VCDS the settings seem equivalent (if maybe not identical) in the T6 and the T6.1

So yes they are different but I think they are equivalent, we'll only be sure when someone with a T6 OE module tries it but the approach should work in both.

I’ll try and see if I have time to measure it at weekend, just for completeness sake

I have news and it's not good.
  • First of all, I could not test the actual trailer attached scenario. Turns out my trailer is still under too much snow, no way to get it out with reasonable effort or get the van right next to it. And I don't have a socket test board. :cry:
  • Pin 9 setting does absolutely nothing. There's just always the battery voltage present, period.
  • Pin 10 setting does something, but absolutely not what you would expect. I got voltage on pin 10 *only* when having setting "Active when trailer connected" coded, engine running, and obviously no trailer connected. I'm positive of this result, I live coded it many times and could hear the relay clicking under the seat.
Here's a table of intended test combinations

1711203326287.png

And the OBD11 coding screen for unit 69 Trailer Control. From factory, I had pin 9 and pin 10 settings as in the image.

1711205373721.png

Last edited:
  • First of all, I could not test the actual trailer attached scenario. Turns out my trailer is still under too much snow, no way to get it out with reasonable effort or get the van right next to it. And I don't have a socket test board. :cry:
:whistle:

Back