Hello, the light drl looks homogeneous or with points of led? And Cold white? 6000k?

Thanks

@Pauly how do the auto-levelling modules (on the OEM LED equipped vans) and the headlamps communicate - do the levellers connect directly to the headlamp units?
If so, could that be carried over to these units, so LED bulbs could be legally fitted?

No it’s doesnt work like that
There are two level sensors attached to front and rear suspension that measure the angle of the lower arms and feeds this information to the levelling control unit (module 55)
This control unit has a four wire output to each headlight that controls the levelling motors within the headlights

No it’s doesnt work like that
There are two level sensors attached to front and rear suspension that measure the angle of the lower arms and feeds this information to the levelling control unit (module 55)
This control unit has a four wire output to each headlight that controls the levelling motors within the headlights

So if the manufacturers made these aftermarket lights accept the feed from the levelling control unit, these units could then work with auto-levelling?

I suppose it’s possible if the motors were compatible
If you compare the adjustment motors on halogen lights to LED lights they respond to different voltage/2 wire vs 4 wire/slow speed vs hi speed adjustment

Cheers, @Pauly.
Just wondering if it could be made possible to retrofit auto-levellers with these aftermarket units so LED headlamp bulbs could be used.
The @Elliott Boddy Travelin Lite photos of his units with LED headlamps bulbs fitted show how good they would be with LEDs, but I don’t fancy blinding every poor bugger on the road, let alone be hassled with changing them at every MOT.

... levelling control unit (module 55)
Just to be a little bit more precise, there are 2 output wires per headlight and 2 input/feedback wires per headlight.
Output signals set the headlights range and input/feedback give control module position confirmation signals.

Reactions: mmi
Hi All
I'm from Transporter Hq
Just wanted to confirm a few points for you all

Our New T6 Led Drl headlights use H7 and H1 bulbs and the DRL is an led strip as pictured

There has been some speak of our lights giving you a bulb warning light or putting the engine management light on. Just to confirm we have tested these lights over the last year before we went into production, we tested them in all variations of T6 from euro 5 early panel vans to euro 6 Kombi's and Velles. We have tested them in every variation of van to check we don't get any warning lights.... which we didn't!

When high beam is selected the dipped beam will go off this is to comply with global manufacturing regulations, however it's not an mot fail for both to come on. We are in the process of making a loom which will enable both to come on with high beam. Once longer term testing has been done and we are happy with it, it will be available for FREE.
It will also be FREE for anyone who has our lights fitted all ready

Hey THQ !

I'm still in love with your headlights :)
Any news about that Loom ?

I thing some have activated that through VCDS, but I can't find the detailed info how to.
Can someone point me the right direction ?

thanks .

Last edited:
It’s documented in VCDS now, as long as you are using up to date version it’s just a tick box in module 9

Hello friends!

The headlights need a regulation?
mine are higher than oem. with the screw I have lowered them, but I would like to lower them more, but the screw is already at its limit, should I reguld with the potentiometer or the motor? Another doubt when you connected them for the first time, did you hear the headlights automatically adjusted to a position?

Thanks

Last edited:
The headlight regulation is usually printed on the lens stating which bulbs they have been approved for which is why you can't legally fit HID bulbs in them within the EU. My experience with the levelling motors is that you get the full range of movement from the potentiometer in the cab. If you've run out of adjustment on the motor and the adjusting screw, you can adjust the headlight aim by physically adjusting the body of the headlights. There's a hollow bolt on the bottom of the units to help do this (the bottom mounting screw goes through it) but you end up with a light that doesn't fit totally square to the profile in the wing.

anyone find these lights bit of a let down ? led bar looks too much lights dots and not like a strip , light on road isn't much better than h4 oem in my opinion

Back