The kit is a ZESFOR 35W canbus 5, 6000k, bought in audiledcar.

When I tried a 55w HID kit with h4 bulbs I had errors and no lights when the engine was running, they worked with just the ignition on but failed to light with the engine running.
Your 35w HID kit is working with no issues yeah? if so this looks like a good combo...

When I tried a 55w HID kit with h4 bulbs I had errors and no lights when the engine was running, they worked with just the ignition on but failed to light with the engine running.
Your 35w HID kit is working with no issues yeah? if so this looks like a good combo...
Yes its works!! No problems.

Note - I'm not endorsing this approach as I like to be legal and now run proper halogen type bulbs......however......

In my original H4 units I ran both 55W HID and 35W HID kits from different but reputable HID companies (ie not ebay specials)
The 55W units as supplied did not have decoders (capacitors). They would flash on and off and put an error on the dash for a bulb failure. The company supplied decoders which stopped the flashing and I turned off the bulb error with VCDS. They were far too bright for road use.

I then bought a set of 35W units that actually had the decoders built into the harness. Without VCDS coding they would put an error on the dash though. These were a touch better for oncoming traffic but it was obvious I was running non legal bulbs so chose to ditch running HIDs in favour of new headlights that worked better with stock bulbs (I'll have an interesting update on that in a week or two).

Regarding fitting HID or LED bulbs, if you look on the lens or body of your headlight it tells you which bulbs it has been approved for. As soon as you put something different in them you are illegal although I suspect you'd just get a slapped wrist and told to change them. MoT (UK) time they should also fail although LED bulbs do behave similar to halogens (HIDs need to warm up so it's obvious they are fitted) so you may get away with those although the intensity of the light will probably give it away. If it does fail at MoT time, that record will be associated with your vehicle forever and anyone with an internet connection can see it (not sure what the fail description would be though). This may not be what you want at time to sell as potential buyers may wonder what else you've been dicking about with.

The photos above from @amv are very interesting though as the stock H7 bulbs do remarkably well compared to the HIDs. With Phillips +130 or GE +130 I suspect they are as good as you'd ever need. Certainly for the UK, the slight yellow from the halogens is much better for rain, fog, snow and other conditions we get at any point during the year!

amv - I can also see why you are trying to get them pointing lower!

are these the same as the current the ones ? the light bar looks less dotty or it just the camera

Do they have twin reflectors too rather than the current projector/reflector setup?

I have their sequential rear lights and love em!
The main reason I did this mod was because it's a very discrete one, and they look almost factory when fitted, plus my van was the first public T6 running these lights in the UK for a quite some time, after I persuaded Andy to sell me the demo set:sneaky: (The only other van is the Pure Grey T6 running Rolls Royce wheels at THQ owned by one of his guys as a long term quality test)
I'm very impressed with the finished quality considering they are not VW.

I think these might be enough to make me press the button. I said last year I would probably hang on for the 2nd gen. I think a set of these in chrome with matching rears may be going on mine this winter

I think these might be enough to make me press the button. I said last year I would probably hang on for the 2nd gen. I think a set of these in chrome with matching rears may be going on mine this winter

Just a quick warning, they seem to sell out of the popular mods pretty quickly.

Now they could have made it so that the DRL did the orange progressive indicator instead and that would have nailed it.

I have their sequential rear lights and love em!
The main reason I did this mod was because it's a very discrete one, and they look almost factory when fitted, plus my van was the first public T6 running these lights in the UK for a quite some time, after I persuaded Andy to sell me the demo set:sneaky: (The only other van is the Pure Grey T6 running Rolls Royce wheels at THQ owned by one of his guys as a long term quality test)
I'm very impressed with the finished quality considering they are not VW.
Are the rear ones plug and play?

Back