[T6] Alpine iLX-F905D Halo 9

Hi
I took the screen off the alpine halo 9 to paint the suround on the dash , put it back on an now nothing wont turn on ,checked every fuse , is there an internal fuse on the head unit

Cheers nige

Hi all.. please someone help me , Iv purchased a halo 9 for my 2017 start line with factory basic head unit.. is there a step by step dummy guide anywhere.. I think Iv got all the correct adapters etc it’s just so many wires for so few on factory head unit... I can work from a guide but not a chance in hell of working it out myself.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This is what I have...

F5454F79-1839-4F0C-A24E-658B64CECCD8.jpeg

09F988E6-A61D-4FB3-9595-4AAFA2CCB007.jpeg

52747BAE-9B43-4F3C-8DD8-520295105292.jpeg

D8591884-1F81-49EC-A5BA-3F7C058BB27C.jpeg

9AD3672F-9F85-427D-874F-8F35CD5E3A86.jpeg

90F58A48-B978-47B0-93A8-C58F2DBCAD6F.jpeg

2C13021A-7126-48C6-9230-44A4DE0001B9.jpeg

F3F71119-F815-4F78-8ABA-D1FD348E81C5.jpeg

2286615F-BB62-402B-AD69-C7E14EED8A8C.jpeg

DA30CCE3-09B4-4D4B-9137-CABB9021E95F.jpeg

FC8C8249-1FD8-4FA8-83F1-B1C133DED2A4.jpeg

3D5100D9-C430-4B5E-863C-E780858D367F.jpeg

D08E3780-33D3-4FFB-AE06-E766A57EF23F.png

You need the following, on top of what you already have

twin fm phantom aerial adapter
dab aerial adapter
dash usb retention kit

if you have factory parking sensors, then you need a different interface to display them

Thankyou so much for your help really appreciate it.. sorry for my stupidity but what’s a interface ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t have parking sensors but would like them factory retro fitted in the future, Iv got the cc kit to be added..

The interface in the picture will give you ignition, handbrake, illumination, speed pulse and will work with the audio controls on the steering wheel, but will not display the parking sensor display

Another thing I’ve noticed is the Auto Dimmer function in the settings doesn’t dim at night which means it’s quite distracting. I assume either should work by a light sensor on the unit, or when the headlight lights are turned on, both don’t seem to dim the unit.
Hi Dmc-03
Do you have got some Info?
I have installed the Halo9 and have the same issue also.

Thanks
Holger (writing from Germany)

Anybody elso who can help me or have an idea why my display dimmer not works?
Alpine Support toll me that the display has an issue, but I don't belive it.

Hey All,

I have a halo 9 head unit in my T6 and i have just changed from a rearview mirror rear camera to one that connects to the headunit.

I have connected camera power to reverse light and ground. I cut the power cable from the old camera and connected to this to keep the wire length.

Then at the headunit I have an adapter that came with it so i unplugged the brown plug that was in the camera slot and replaced it with the yellow one from camera. I wired the power cable that comes off the yellow lead to the red spare wire on the harnes (it has a clear plastic protector).

Now the headunit will not power on, but if I put it in reverse it powers on in reverse mode but still no camera view! I am very confused! Any ideas?

Hope that all makes sense!

Depending on your camera connecting to your reverse light is probably the issue. They don't like the Pulse Wave Modulation VW use for bulb monitoring. The red wire that runs down the video wire I connect to an ignition feed and the pick up a ground locally to the camera (usually the one for the number plate lights)

Ah ok, thanks for that. So leave the headunit end as it is and change how I wire the camera end or just find a different place to earth it?

As I said I would use the red wire to supply the camera and use an earth near the camera matey. If you have a CANbus quadlock wiring kit it should give you a reverse signal for the headunit

As I said I would use the red wire to supply the camera and use an earth near the camera matey. If you have a CANbus quadlock wiring kit it should give you a reverse signal for the headunit
Wicked thank you, removed wires from reversing light and wired them to the front. Now headunit is working again, but still a blank screen in reverse. Do i need to add an extra earth at the front too?!

Shouldn't do hard to say with no photos. Do you have the proper quadlock CANbus interface

If you want a tablet design the Kenwood dmx9720xds over the Halo all day long, HD screen is Amazing, wireless Apple CarPlay/Android auto

but if you want a 7” in dash then the one above mentioned by insert coin, the best headunit on the market, again HD screen, that can tilt downwards ,Garmin nav, wireless Apple CarPlay/Android auto, cd/dvd/SD, dash cam control... and much more

Does the Kenwood dmx9720xds do the visual parking sensor display like the Alpine and OEM units do? I can't seem to find it in the feature list.

Trying to decide between Alpine ILX-F115D and the Kenwood dmx9720xds as I can get them for the same price...

Does the Kenwood dmx9720xds do the visual parking sensor display like the Alpine and OEM units do? I can't seem to find it in the feature list.

Trying to decide between Alpine ILX-F115D and the Kenwood dmx9720xds as I can get them for the same price...
Having owned both and having them both refunded and Returning to the original vw system .. keep your money… until both these companies get their act together .

Oh really?? You expect close to perfection with the cost of these really but with all the features I have worried the software could be quite flakey.

What were your issues with them if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

Oh really?? You expect close to perfection with the cost of these really but with all the features I have worried the software could be quite flakey.

What were your issues with them if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers
The Kenwood unit let in dust under the screen.. horrible design fault . I also found The operating system toyish and unsophisticated And buggy .
the company were useless with support … it was. “Repaired“ twice and came back with the same issue .. eventually the shop didn’t want to return it yet again as they could see the dust issue was never going to end . Wireless car play is not that big a deal so I went on to the alpine halo .
the alpine halo far more grown up and better sounding ( no dust under screen ) .. BUT I had the sat nav version and it was buggy as hell in fact useless. I spent months going over settings and trying different things including a second unit .. it would not matter if I used it’s built in sat nav or my iPhone .. it would go wrong randomly but always went wrong at the crucial moment …..some sort of interference that alpine could not sort out .. and the second major pita was the fan in the unit was horrendously noisy .. unusable without the engine noise running to cover it up ! … so my switch to power from leisure battery when parked up never got used ! I just hated the noise of the fan .. probably a very good amplifier… but … if the fans deafening.. what is the point ?
alpine support was great and eventually admitted they could not provide me with a unit that would satisfy me and gave me a full refund .
i went back to the original vw unit no reverse camera no apple car play no sat nav and got back on with my life ! if and when somebody finally comes up with a decent unit I will consider upgrading .. but for now its Like massively overpriced toys that fail on so many levels .. I cannot put up with it .

Yes using like the alpine the correct interface the Kenwood will display the parking sensors

Back