[T6] Alpine iLX-F905D Halo 9

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Caravelle (so hope that's ok as it is a T6 underneath) and have purchased a Alpine Halo 9 - ILX-F903D. Having taken out the existing Kenwood DNX525 it has an aftermarket loom already (see pic) but some connections don't match. Can anyone advise what I need as I've spoken to car audio and they say one does not exist which cant be right? I don't have steering controls but need something which will keep the front/rear parking sensors working and heating controls.

Any help appreciated as Im a little stuck having spent hours googling trying to find a solution

IMG_0554.jpeg

I really need more details, what interface is being used, also what speakers etc were installed

I suggest looking at the manual, which shows you how to remove it and also the screen adjustment
@Absolut5
Any chance you can point me to the page and link to manual to remove 903D which is in my T6?
Struggling to find it as no manual etc. Thanks Paul

Hiya

A, You can switch that feature off in the settings,
B, you can adjust the screen in height and angle
C, the MFSW should be working, along with basic info on the MFD
D, normally you route the rear speaker cables up the passenger A pillar and along the ceiling, attaching it to the main loom which runs the full length of the vehicle and drop it down the rear pillars and to the position of the speakers

The Halo is a bit Marmite, some love them, others think they are ripe for thieves, it’s not our biggest seller to be honest but with the correct audio setup will sound very good, the problem is that they see the cost, which looks attractive but do not purchase the correct parts to install them, which bumps the cost up considerably,

What speakers, amp and sub is in there? pictures of it all will help.

If you want drop us a pm and we can go through it all in better detail

Jason
Hi what would you advise over the Halo? Thx Chris
Hiya

A, You can switch that feature off in the settings,
B, you can adjust the screen in height and angle
C, the MFSW should be working, along with basic info on the MFD
D, normally you route the rear speaker cables up the passenger A pillar and along the ceiling, attaching it to the main loom which runs the full length of the vehicle and drop it down the rear pillars and to the position of the speakers

The Halo is a bit Marmite, some love them, others think they are ripe for thieves, it’s not our biggest seller to be honest but with the correct audio setup will sound very good, the problem is that they see the cost, which looks attractive but do not purchase the correct parts to install them, which bumps the cost up considerably,

What speakers, amp and sub is in there? pictures of it all will help.

If you want drop us a pm and we can go through it all in better detail

Jason
Hi Jason what would you recommend over the Halo? I’m not into the pronounced screen, would prefer flush or lower. Thanks Chris

Hi what would you advise over the Halo? Thx Chris

Hi Jason what would you recommend over the Halo? I’m not into the pronounced screen, would prefer flush or lower. Thanks Chris
If you want a tablet design the Kenwood dmx9720xds over the Halo all day long, HD screen is Amazing, wireless Apple CarPlay/Android auto

but if you want a 7” in dash then the one above mentioned by insert coin, the best headunit on the market, again HD screen, that can tilt downwards ,Garmin nav, wireless Apple CarPlay/Android auto, cd/dvd/SD, dash cam control... and much more

Hey guys,

I’m looking for some advice regarding an Alpine Halo 9 head unit I’ve just fitted to my 2016 T6 Highline, the stereo came with the T6 specific wiring but I’ve noticed that the mute button on my steering wheel now doesn’t work, the volume and track skip do work.

Another thing I’ve noticed is the Auto Dimmer function in the settings doesn’t dim at night which means it’s quite distracting. I assume either should work by a light sensor on the unit, or when the headlight lights are turned on, both don’t seem to dim the unit.

I’ve attached a photo of 2 connectors that are part of the vehicle loom, and 1 connector attached to the head unit which had nothing to plug into, not sure what they are for.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Dave.

A6EFEB79-D314-400C-B38E-639B791C9CDF.jpeg

16594729-B25F-4EE8-B947-9907E6324441.jpeg

I had my Alpine x-802DU head unit, which is essentially the same, replaced under warranty as sat nav was shifting around all over the place - Absolut5 installed the original, and I swapped out the replacement.

This is interesting as I’m experiencing the same sat nav bullshit with my alpine halo ( 2nd model as first was swapped under warranty ) despite having the unit connected to the theoretically superior GPS aerial in the drivers side wing mirror .
Im on my 2nd unit and the sat nav is doing exactly as you describe .

I would reject it if you can. They updated firmware and all sorts before finally replacing it. My unit now doesn't do it, but now takes an age to answer a phone call if I am using the radio. If I am on spotify or something you can answer a call straight away. it is a PITA and I would swap for something else, but I do like the large screen and all the in dash ones from kenwood etc are much smaller.

I would reject it if you can. They updated firmware and all sorts before finally replacing it. My unit now doesn't do it, but now takes an age to answer a phone call if I am using the radio. If I am on spotify or something you can answer a call straight away. it is a PITA and I would swap for something else, but I do like the large screen and all the in dash ones from kenwood etc are much smaller.
I’m getting to the point of that for sure I’ve tried so many things now and it just seems the sat nav is unreliable .. yesterday I was apparently driving in the sea for ten minutes .. they keep asking for screen shots of settings etc etc but the issues are not getting resolved .. it’s always oh we have never come across this issue before .. which we know is simply not true .. the unit was sold to me as a direct t6 replacement kit and cost over £1200 and it can’t take me to the local shop and back without getting lost usually the syndrome is it’s about 20 metres out and then gets the road wrong .. it’s also got a noisy fan .. I like the large screen but I just simply want it to work correctly

I’ve just got a van which already has an alpine halo 9 stereo in it. The van is in for conversion at the moment and I’ve just realised I haven’t said anything about putting speakers in the back. Is it necessary and are there any options if I don’t get it done now whilst the van is apart? Would quite like to see how it is and add them if needs be but guess it’s a lot easier to do now? Thanks

I’ve just got a van which already has an alpine halo 9 stereo in it. The van is in for conversion at the moment and I’ve just realised I haven’t said anything about putting speakers in the back. Is it necessary and are there any options if I don’t get it done now whilst the van is apart? Would quite like to see how it is and add them if needs be but guess it’s a lot easier to do now? Thanks
Put the cable in now so you have the choice later . No need to commit but the cables being already there will save pulling the cab apart in future

Back