Alpine Halo 11

Question on these floating head-units…

Do they suffer from rattle or vibration?

Looking to iron out the squeaks and creaks, rather than add to them, but do like the look of these…
If installed correctly they are very solid

Question on these floating head-units…

Do they suffer from rattle or vibration?

Looking to iron out the squeaks and creaks, rather than add to them, but do like the look of these…
Not had any issues with rattles or vibrations on mine. It's been installed for several months now and still seems very solid with no movement at all. Overall I am very pleased with it. :)

Halo 11 settings. Trying to get the sound on the Halo 11 just right in conjunction with the D84AT6 and KTA-200m mono amp.

There are a lot of moving parts and i came across this website article which has helped:

With my mods to the subwoofer I was able to wire it in parallel for 2ohm impedance and adjusted gain just over mid way. That has made it more punchy.

Set the time correction to centre the music. That makes a big difference in its own right.

The spec for the subwoofer gives it a range of 34hz to a surprising 1.4khz so took the cross over to 200hz with 12db fall off. The combined mid and tweeters i simply created an overlap at around 150hz

for EQ i followed the guide on fading out muddy sounds at 250hz and boosting at 80hz, 5khz and 15khz

The sound is pretty much there now although tempted to use the rear speaker output to give the Tweeters a dedicated HPF and LPF feed rather than the combined one that is set up in the Van

Anybody done/would do anything different?

anybody know how to get a proper 3d perspective on apple maps via carplay. tried 3d button and swiping up with 2 fingers but still have 2d image?

Back