Alpine Halo 11

Well true, I should have added that the Halo11 is an enabler for building a better sound system. Had my system installed by Absolut5 including JBL sub.

Well true, I should have added that the Halo11 is an enabler for building a better sound system. Had my system installed by Absolut5 including JBL sub.
The sub on my home HiFi was a game changer. Is it so for the Van?

The saga continues... just driven back with the IPAD and iPhone alongside it each. I found it useful because I used the iphone for detail directions and the ipad for map general situation aware and spotify. Personal preference but going to use both from now on. Iphone is mounted on the centre air vent. will try and take a pic with my camera when i get a chance after unpacking.

I use the iPad with music on half and Google maps the other. But the iPad google maps doesn’t show full time to destination or distance, as it curtails the details. So I just swapped back to my phone with iPad just for music. The iPad on the bracket when stuck to the dash in the middle cubbyhole doesn’t quite come far enough forward to sit over the existing radio, and I’m not keen on it obscuring the screen/road. It could do with another shorter extender arm on the holder.

I use the iPad with music on half and Google maps the other. But the iPad google maps doesn’t show full time to destination or distance, as it curtails the details. So I just swapped back to my phone with iPad just for music. The iPad on the bracket when stuck to the dash in the middle cubbyhole doesn’t quite come far enough forward to sit over the existing radio, and I’m not keen on it obscuring the screen/road. It could do with another shorter extender arm on the holder.
i will try and take a picture of my set up.

Dave
This is the setup, none of the devices interfere with the road view. Using the IPAD for general positioning and spotify, and the IPhone on a vent mag mount for the detail.

should say this config leaves the radio free for calls on the iphone.

IMG_4196.jpeg

IMG_4194.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

Dave
This is the setup, none of the devices interfere with the road view. Using the IPAD for general positioning and spotify, and the IPhone on a vent mag mount for the detail.

should say this config leaves the radio free for calls on the iphone.

View attachment 209236

View attachment 209237

View attachment 209238
Used this configuration in anger with last weeks trip to Tavistock. having the iPhone for detailed directions and the iPad for general area awareness paid dividends with plotting alternative routes to avoid horrendous Friday traffic on the M5. Will stick with this from now on

Forgot to mention thumbs up also to AbsoluT5 for sorting mine and looking at a few other things they noticed
Highly recommend

Was contemplating a Halo 11 to tidy the Van but have had conflicting advice from numerous ICE fitters about compatibility with my D84AT6 DSP. I have not completely scrapped the idea but might go for its tiny cousin the iLX-F705D.

This is my understanding after talking to numerous people and I would appreciate more expert input.

-The OEM Head Unit only has high level line output (speaker o/p) and not RCA low level pre out like most after market head units inc the Halo 11
- The DA84AT6 wiring loom takes the spare rear speaker output from the OEM HU to drive the subwoofer (probably bridging these rear connectors?)
- What limited EQ control the OEM HU has is applied to all speakers.
- The Halo (and iLX-F705A) has a sophisticated EQ to bring the best out the sub (and SPC108T6s I have fitted)
- The DA84AT6 with its presets offers limited static adjustment for cabin conditions, RHD,LHD
- Despite the lack of pre out the D84AT6 in conjunction with the SPC108T6s and upgraded Tweeters, provide a good sound that can still be improved upon

I am pretty sure therefore that the Halo 11 or the F705D will connect to the D84AT6 plug and play (no change to the loom) and will be an improvement on sound above the DA84AT6 because of its integral Class D 50watt amplifier but I will not be able to exploit the superior EQ settings.

As a down stream upgrade path I can put in any aftermarket mono amp and connect to the RCA pre out of the Halo and disconnect the high-level bridging, allowing me to exploit the EQ features and have an upgrade path for rear cameras, DABs, GPS etc.

Would love to know if I am a million miles off the truth @Absolut5 ?

Last edited:
Forgive me i have sinned:eek: Having questioned the benefit of installing a Halo 11, I installed one myself.

Installing a KTA-200m tomorrow so will have the H11 driving my Alpine SPC108T6 and the KTA, the D84AT6 subwoofer.

Sorry

IMG_6220.jpeg

Question on these floating head-units…

Do they suffer from rattle or vibration?

Looking to iron out the squeaks and creaks, rather than add to them, but do like the look of these…

Question on these floating head-units…

Do they suffer from rattle or vibration?

Looking to iron out the squeaks and creaks, rather than add to them, but do like the look of these…
Not thus far. The main assembly in held in place by the 4 Torx screws just like the OEM head unit and then the floating screen is both mechanically locked into the main assembly and has 4 screws also. So pretty rigid.

My Van squeaked like crazy. Initially put it down to the pop top not being robustly fitted to the roof in the right places or its alignment but discovered at the MOT a broken rear upgraded spring. Since that was replaced, the Van is as quiet as a church mouse other than wind noise.

Back