T6 - No tweeters installed? Update: tweeter cable kit.

Tredder76

VIP Member
Hi all,

Bought myself the Alpine T6 speaker kit to upgrade my 2018 T6, and I've just discovered my van didn't actually come with tweeters! Great...

I have searched the forum, but haven't come across this anywhere, apologies if I've missed it.

Reading the Alpine instructions that came with the kit on the very first page it says:

"There are a few T6 Transporter with entry (level) radio where no tweeter and tweeter cable is installed.
(tweeter grill and door speaker installation is the same!)
In this case please use an extension cable from the tweeter to the head unit and connect this cable parallel
to the front speaker output on the HU-connector (QUADLOCK).
Or order such missing cable KWE-HT01T6 at your Alpine dealer."

Tried to see if I could order the missing cable kit online, but can't find it anywhere, not even on Alpine's website.
Anyone got a link for it?

Otherwise, not sure what/how to connect up an extension cable, if anyone can shed some light, it would be much appreciated.

FYI I'm based in France.

Thanks

For those of you in the same situation as me, I found a solution. ARS24.com in Germany has a ready-made retrofit kit that works great. I ordered it here: Hochtöner-Kabelkit für VW T5 / T6 / T6.1

There's a video (in German) showing how its installed here:

Delivery was super quick, and the install is pretty straightforward, although the scotchlok-type connectors are a bit bulky, and are a pain in the butt to install on a tight loom.

The Alpine cable kit I was searching for seems to be non-existent. The alternative is this kit, or I'm guessing the various audio shops in the UK can also make a loom up.

Regards

Back