Alpine Halo 11

Hi all,
Sorry for jumping on this thread.
Does anyone know of stock for the halo 11 or possibly the halo 9 v2 with fully fitting kit for a t6 highline. Head unit coming out is the discovery media pro so looking to retain dab,, rear camera, steering wheel buttons etc.

been on a few sites looking but cant seem to find one that can supply the fitting kit too.

i live in Guernsey so ideally looking to get it shipped to me as well.

Thanks

Mike

Am I missing some benefit through not fitting a Halo 9 or 11? I use an Ipad Air to get Sat Nav, Spotify and other apps including Victron manuals. When not in use I can use it in the habitation area for films etc. No wiring required.

View attachment 193933
Hi, could you confirm what iPad bracket this is and how it is fixed to the dash please? I have an iPad Pro (11 inch 3rd generation) that I hoped to do the same with. Thanks.

Hi, could you confirm what iPad bracket this is and how it is fixed to the dash please? I have an iPad Pro (11 inch 3rd generation) that I hoped to do the same with. Thanks.
It only relies on the suction from the mount which has proved reliable. If your iPad Pro has not got a sim option like mine I did need an external gps. I bought a garmin unit for about £60

It only relies on the suction from the mount which has proved reliable. If your iPad Pro has not got a sim option like mine I did need an external gps. I bought a garmin unit for about £60
@dcpen43 what part of the dash have you got this to suction onto? And do you think you could link tour phone to the iPad for gps instead of an external gps?

The suction mount goes in the rhs of the recess above the passenger glove box. Tried it other places but that was best because you can swing the arm into the recess when not in use. I haven’t tried it with the phone as the GPS source but you can try it before buying the mount via hotspot. I bought the Garmin GLO2 off eBay secondhand for about £60. That is super accurate and refreshes pretty quickly probably because it’s dedicated to the task unlike a phone. I am home on Tuesday and will upload some more detailed pics

Should say the GLO2 is connected to the IPad Air via BLE

Thanks for the tip @dcpen43 . I was looking at the Alpine 11 but my local installer (Scotland) no longer sells them. I didn't want to have to book in miles south so have ordered an iPad (refurb) and a suction mount.

Agree - if you are using the Alpine unit JUST for nav. But let s be honest you get one of these systems for the audio quality and other features. I bought my Halo11 because the OEM head unit and speakers are crappy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bav
I'm not sure they have any better features than my phone, which I admit cost somewhat more than the Alpine unit :)

Agree - if you are using the Alpine unit JUST for nav. But let s be honest you get one of these systems for the audio quality and other features. I bought my Halo11 because the OEM head unit and speakers are crappy.
If I was going for a sound upgrade I think I would go down the JBL nano subwoofer route or something similar. Might just do that :):):)

Back