T6 Head Unit screen failing - repair or go aftermarket?

samgoldshark

Hi All,
New member here - nice to meet you!
I have a 2018 T6 Sportsline Kombi and have been struggling with the head unit for a while often not connecting properly to Android Auto and needing a hard reset. But the left half of the screen is now unresponsive to touch input so its time to either pay for a fix or replacement.
Would you recommend getting a dealer to fix the existing one or bin it and get a new system installed like an Alpine Halo 11?
Who would you recommend to do an install and maybe upgrade speakers nearest to St Albans?

Cheers!

Hi All,
New member here - nice to meet you!
I have a 2018 T6 Sportsline Kombi and have been struggling with the head unit for a while often not connecting properly to Android Auto and needing a hard reset. But the left half of the screen is now unresponsive to touch input so its time to either pay for a fix or replacement.
Would you recommend getting a dealer to fix the existing one or bin it and get a new system installed like an Alpine Halo 11?
Who would you recommend to do an install and maybe upgrade speakers nearest to St Albans?

Cheers!
I've got a similar situation in my 2016 highline, in Hemel so keeping an eye on this .. I may try the screen self fit option though

The touchscreen can be bought from eBay. If you do a search there are a few posts on the forum about it

Everything you need to fix your failed touch screen for less than £20 is in this thread. I've just done it and it works a charm.

Well the connection to app connect has also died so I'm booked in to get a Kenwood installed at Absolut5 next month. Having new speakers and sound insulation done while I'm at it :):)

Back