That looks great Kn0bby.

Here come the questions!!
  1. How do you find the roof?
  2. Have you had any problems?
  3. How did the fitting go?
  4. Who fitted it?
Thanks in advance....

Hi,

Any pictures from the side, showing the profile?

Looks great in carbon BTW.

That looks great Kn0bby.

Here come the questions!!
  1. How do you find the roof?
  2. Have you had any problems?
  3. How did the fitting go?
  4. Who fitted it?
Thanks in advance....

I didn't want a roof that made the van look like a camper, wanted to keep that stealth look. Most people don't know its got a pop top, even some in the know miss it. Plus I think the carbon is brilliant and looks fantastic.

Raising the roof is easy, unlock the twist looks at the front (NO straps here, something I didn't want), undo threaded knobs at the back (metal, not plastic!). Then push up and the gas struts take over.

The Stealth roof has its hinges on the inside of the canvas, this seems to get alot of negative comments but I have no issue with it at all. There are panels you have to zip into place when putting up and then unzip and fold back on putting down. Since its been boiling hot i've been having these undone to let more air flow through the van.

The scenic roof is a nice touch..

Inside the roof is a GRP tub which is bonded/fixed to the roof. Seen a few carpeted. I've left mine in a grey GRP as its easy to clean and a nice place to dump more stuff.

The solar panel setup Stealth use is great, as you can see from the above picture is cannot be seen and no visible connection.

Inside when the roof is down i've had my bed board covered in Suedeliner, its a nice touch and makes it look really smart. Stealth use a round disc that pops out to get into the pop top.

No problems with the roof, there are a couple of little niggles that I need to go back and get sorted with the fitter but they are tiny and nothing serious.

When the chassis is really flexing on uneven ground at slow speeds, the roof does squeak against the bodywork.. I am running it as low it as it will go on B14's/20" rims so this may not be helping. I do need to investigate this as I think I can stop it. I'm not sure if its the rubber seals on the roof against the body or the bed board seals against the suede liner. Thats my only complaint.

Berkshire Campers fitted the roof.. Richard there is great, well experienced. It was the first one they did and Ian from Low Life came and assisted with the training. Berkshire Campers are really fussy in their installs so pleased with the results. They had the van for a good week, wouldn't go near these chaps who do it in a couple of days, the bonding needs to set!

Hi,

Any pictures from the side, showing the profile?

Looks great in carbon BTW.

IMG_4018.jpg IMG_4020.jpg 93DE4A30-CC88-4B04-B145-6FE1C088D3C7.jpg 2807B8B5-F62A-44EB-A15B-128E3B8D21F2.jpg C183717C-E4B4-4031-96EB-0A6A4E1506A4.jpg

I need to consider one of these, especially with all the issues around HiLo atm. Im still not convinced by the interior hinges though.

Do you have any more info on the solar panel?

I need to consider one of these, especially with all the issues around HiLo atm. Im still not convinced by the interior hinges though.

Do you have any more info on the solar panel?

Not you as well lol. What’s the problem?

There is more info on my build thread on the panel. At the moment i leave my fridge on 24/7. Drive the van twice a day to work 10 miles each way and the panel keeps the battery topped up and fridge working.

Not you as well lol. What’s the problem?

There is more info on my build thread on the panel. At the moment i leave my fridge on 24/7. Drive the van twice a day to work 10 miles each way and the panel keeps the battery topped up and fridge working.

No, I've not got a pop top yet but HiLo was my number 1 choice. Now I not going to do anything until next summer. But am looking at other options instead.

No, I've not got a pop top yet but HiLo was my number 1 choice. Now I not going to do anything until next summer. But am looking at other options instead.

HiLo was my original choice too.

Huge thank you to Kn0bby for the information. There's nothing like customer feedback!

I'd love to see the inside of the roof up and down if possible Kn0bby. I'll check out your build thread in the meantime.

It does look good tbh
I thought Hilo was the best subtle or invisible roof option

Any update on this roof @kn0bby? A friend of mine wanted a HiLo, but the guy that fitted mine isn’t fitting them any more, we don’t know if it’s a Covid thing or if he’s had too many issues with HiLo.

I think your roof is the nearest to a low profile he’ll be able to get currently. There’s a fitter not too far from him as well so it would be great to know how you’re getting on with it :thumbsup:

Hello

I’m pleased with it. Have a few niggles which I needed to get sorted but I expect that’s the same with any low production item.
The carbon roof, surface and shine in very impressed with, my camper is outside all the time and it looks just as good as day one.

Can’t wait to start using it again now!!!

Hello

I’m pleased with it. Have a few niggles which I needed to get sorted but I expect that’s the same with any low production item.
The carbon roof, surface and shine in very impressed with, my camper is outside all the time and it looks just as good as day one.

Can’t wait to start using it again now!!!

Are they niggles with the roof or the fitter?

Hi @Dieseldonkey I’m wondering if you could give an update on the stealth roof after a couple of years of having it? I know you had some issues, would you fit this roof to another van?

Hi @Dieseldonkey I’m wondering if you could give an update on the stealth roof after a couple of years of having it? I know you had some issues, would you fit this roof to another van?
There was issues with the fit out on my van, which I posted about. The last issue I had was with the tent fabric. But credit where credits due, Low Life acknowledged their tent manufacture had supplied the wrong spec material and my tent was replaced.

In terms of would I fit another. Well put it this way. If the issues I had are put down to a new company , experiencing new problems and now things have settled down, then yes, I would still recommend my roof. Although I'm not sure the extra elevation of the Prime roof is something I'd need again. The B2 or Bullet may serve my needs just aswell, at lower cost and by the look of what I've seen, with quicker deployment and retraction, but with the same low retracted profile. I'd need to study these roofs more closely though before making that decision. Only really seen them briefly in operation.

Back