I have had 7 stealth roofs fitted to my various hire campers both the prime and the bullet no problems with any of them and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them

Hi we are just starting out on our conversion, we have been looking at the Stealth B2, over westdubs & the skyline aurora. Does anyone have the stealth fitted & any feedback appreciated.
Thanks

Very nice @kn0bby !!!
I’ve been looking at Hilo also and think this could be a great alternative.
Are you still happy with the roof?
Also what R&R(?) bed do have I see its on rails which is what I’m after.
And... where are you units from?

Time to change the kombi camper to a camper!

0E65DF1B-2B66-4A10-AA01-DD4AF821D413.jpeg

There was issues with the fit out on my van, which I posted about. The last issue I had was with the tent fabric. But credit where credits due, Low Life acknowledged their tent manufacture had supplied the wrong spec material and my tent was replaced.

In terms of would I fit another. Well put it this way. If the issues I had are put down to a new company , experiencing new problems and now things have settled down, then yes, I would still recommend my roof. Although I'm not sure the extra elevation of the Prime roof is something I'd need again. The B2 or Bullet may serve my needs just aswell, at lower cost and by the look of what I've seen, with quicker deployment and retraction, but with the same low retracted profile. I'd need to study these roofs more closely though before making that decision. Only really seen them briefly in operation.
Hi Dieseldonkey, I had a low life roof fitted around April 2018 and I quite like the general design. Unzipping the rear flaps, to put it down is a bit of a pain, but I can live with that. My biggest problem however has been water ingress. it leaked in around all the seams, especially the mesh windows at the sides and the front clear one. It was actually unusable when it rained. I tried to seal it, but to no avail. Also, where the fabric was attached to the cassette at the bottom, they had used self drilling screws which left small pieces of swarf and these made holes in the fabric which looked awful. I was not very impressed to say the least. In the end I had to cover all the screw heads with some carpet to stop any more damage. Unfortunately the water leakage didn’t stop, despite me using seam sealer to try and seal it. I got back in touch with Ian and he has now replaced the tent with a different teflon coated fabric, which is more stretchy. He installed it for free, but I had to pay for the tent, which stuck in my throat a bit as he knew about the leaks from the beginning. The new one is leaking even worse than the first one and was actually dripping from the panoramic zip/seams and the two side mesh window seams, so I had to seal it with seam sealer which has made a vast improvement, but it still leaks at the bottom front corners where the fabric is stretched and the rear also leaks a small amount at the bottom. The water also seems to be soaking through the zip fabric which I can see if I press blue paper roll against it. If it wasn’t for the leaks, I’d be very happy.
So I was wondering how yours is working out on the water leakage front? Ian assures me that he has had no complaints from other customers.

Hi Dieseldonkey, I had a low life roof fitted around April 2018 and I quite like the general design. Unzipping the rear flaps, to put it down is a bit of a pain, but I can live with that. My biggest problem however has been water ingress. it leaked in around all the seams, especially the mesh windows at the sides and the front clear one. It was actually unusable when it rained. I tried to seal it, but to no avail. Also, where the fabric was attached to the cassette at the bottom, they had used self drilling screws which left small pieces of swarf and these made holes in the fabric which looked awful. I was not very impressed to say the least. In the end I had to cover all the screw heads with some carpet to stop any more damage. Unfortunately the water leakage didn’t stop, despite me using seam sealer to try and seal it. I got back in touch with Ian and he has now replaced the tent with a different teflon coated fabric, which is more stretchy. He installed it for free, but I had to pay for the tent, which stuck in my throat a bit as he knew about the leaks from the beginning. The new one is leaking even worse than the first one and was actually dripping from the panoramic zip/seams and the two side mesh window seams, so I had to seal it with seam sealer which has made a vast improvement, but it still leaks at the bottom front corners where the fabric is stretched and the rear also leaks a small amount at the bottom. The water also seems to be soaking through the zip fabric which I can see if I press blue paper roll against it. If it wasn’t for the leaks, I’d be very happy.
So I was wondering how yours is working out on the water leakage front? Ian assures me that he has had no complaints from other customers.

@Simon Bradbury
PM'd

Hi we are just starting out on our conversion, we have been looking at the Stealth B2, over westdubs & the skyline aurora. Does anyone have the stealth fitted & any feedback appreciated.
Thanks
Also looking at these options, did you get anywhere on making your decision?

Hi
Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on the stealth pop tops?
looking for good points as well as bad points to help make my mind up on which pop to go for.
thanks in advance.

I’ve come away from stealth now , will probably go for reimo or SCA.
these seem to be the top brands available.

Hi
Does anyone have any reviews or feedback on the stealth pop tops?
looking for good points as well as bad points to help make my mind up on which pop to go for.
thanks in advance.
Hi there
im asking the same question as you.
live been quoted £6,000 for one so want to know it’s worth it.
cheers
I’ve moved your posts here as there’s already some feedback for the LowLife Stealth roofs.

I’m looking at a stealth roof now. Has anyone had one fitted for a while and had no issues?
thanks
Hi @TheWandering
I have had a Lowlife Stealth bullet fitted for 2 years now and can honestly say I have not hat a problem with the roof at all. The only problem I have had was with the “Halo“ LED strip that was fitted around the upper frame inside the roof tent, after 2 years of use some of the LEDs have changed colour so no real biggy it is also stuck on and has become unstuck in hot weather so a quick fix with a bit silicone again not really a roof problem.53DEA3C4-AB92-4DB6-BEA3-501308D06F65.jpegBA4BE7DB-8926-4687-ADCC-BC2118F2B830.jpeg

Are the hinges on the inside or outside? Looking at the pic above they look to be on the outside? Not inside as previously mentioned

Are the hinges on the inside or outside? Looking at the pic above they look to be on the outside? Not inside as previously mentioned
The Bullet and B2 roofs do not use scissor hinges like the prime, they use a full width hinge across the rear of the roof with small gas shocks as stabiliser. The prime roof still has internal hinges.
regards D

Just to update some of the information here: the Stealth Prime and Bullet roofs are no longer available. It's just the Stealth B2. There is also a Stealth Roof now for the Ford Transit Custom.

Hi there
im asking the same question as you.
live been quoted £6,000 for one so want to know it’s worth it.
cheers

I think it's worth mentioning who gave that quote. Getting the Stealth B2 Roof fitted by LowLife Products (the company that design and manufacture the roof) is a lot less than this. However, coming to Cheshire to get it fitted is not going to be convenient for some.

Just been there today, quite impressed with the roof, the only issue I have is the access oval. Next week off the see Jason at Jaibow about a Hilo :whistle:

Back