[Guide] How To Retrofit MFSW And Cruise Control To T6 Eu6 2019 Startline - Also Hacking DSG Paddles For CCS

If none of the right hand buttons are working but all the left hand buttons are working, it could be a problem with the ribbon cable that runs between them - probably a loose connector.

It could be that this only had the 4 wires not the 5? Other thing there was a spare spade connector that had no where to go

It could be that this only had the 4 wires not the 5? Other thing there was a spare spade connector that had no where to go
Hard to see from the photo but it looks like the blue/white horn wire that is missing from pin 4 of the black connector. If so it should work for a non cruise wheel.

WHICH WIRE IS MISSING???

If it is the blue/white wire missing it is for the horn which will still work as it does not need connecting to the lin bus unless you have cruise buttons on the MFSW. The blue/white horn wire doesn't have anything to do with the other buttons.
Are any buttons working on the right hand side? If not, as I have already said, check the ribbon cable.

WHICH WIRE IS MISSING???

If it is the blue/white wire missing it is for the horn which will still work as it does not need connecting to the lin bus unless you have cruise buttons on the MFSW. The blue/white horn wire doesn't have anything to do with the other buttons.
Are any buttons working on the right hand side? If not, as I have already said, check the ribbon cable.
Yeh, it’s blue and white that’s missing - there are buttons working on the right the ‘view’ button cycles the computer, and the little silver square around the ‘ok’ cycles the radio channels back and forth

2 - MFSW Harness

This connects the clock spring to the air bag and buttons. There are many types so take a look at what air bag and button connectors you have before ordering. I used one for a Polo (part number 6RD 971 584 D ) which I had to change one of the spade connectors for the horn. Check the black button connector is the same and it has all 5 wires as well as the actual air bag connector is correct.

I am about to start the ccs upgrade process. I ordered some parts already before I come across this guide.
How can I check if the airbag loom has a correct spade layout and if it is not how should I modify them? Is there some pictures available of the correct airbag loom pin setup?

Could someone please also give me a part number for the stalk needed? I assume it is without Trip and cruise control, but I have rear wiper as well. Nothing on Ebay for this setup.

I have a T5.1 GP with clues control and MFSW
My plan is to upgrade my BCM to a 7E0937090D
My airbag with loom is for a MK7 Golf part number 5G0880201C
My steering wheel is a MK7 Golf DSG
I ordered a MFSW buttons part number 7E0959442

I assumed judging from the pictures the steering wheels are all the same. Passat B8, T6, Polo MK5, Golf MK7 so the T6 CCS buttons should fit in all of them. Will see when everything arrives.

In a main time I would really appreciate a help to figure out how the airbag loom wiring should lookalike.

This was mine ... bougjt off ebay .. 5 wires in black connector.. i joined 2 browns soldered to spade connector 20191231_120224.jpg20191228_094708.jpg20191228_092359.jpg20191228_094230.jpg

OLD Loom shown in bottom photo above thread# 88 … NEW with 5 pin buttons connector
1592826622112.png

Awesome thank you. I will match it to mine when it arrives. I noticed you got the Mode and ACC button instead of the CNL

Is it still works fine?

No... I was sold the wrong wheel initially and have since changed the wheel to a standard CCS type .. both wheels were off a T6 ( The ACC wheel will not work on CCS system )

Cheers

I see. So I made a good chose than.

Just for a side note. I was come across a guy who managed to retrofit ACC even in a t5.1 but it involves lot more complicated work and more money need to spend too.

Ok I got my airbag. It look like I ordered a wrong one. Part number 5G0 971 584 S
I would appreciate an idiot guide how should I modify the wiring.

The black connector missing a blue/white wire although the blue/white wire is in the yellow connector

I assume I can simply extend the wiring to the black connector.?
What else I should do?
which location of the yellow connector should I put an extra ground?
Any link for a suitable size spades?

1593263123200695854054.jpg

Attached wiring diagrams if this helps .. you dont say wether you have tried to fit and what is not working .. you may not need bluewhite wire if you have CcS fitted and have modified stalk wiring to suit .. see earler posts where I did this

Screenshot_20200627-140421.jpg

P.S.Above diagrams different versions of T6 Mfsw .. download from forum download sections

Thank you, but honestly at first sight I do not have a clue how to read this diagram. I need to dig intuit a it and firs try to download and print somehow

If you are using CCS from the buttons on your wheel you will need to fit white/blue wire from black connector missing pin 4 ( I don't know what type of pins these are as I had correct loom with 5 Wires in black connector J453 ) to the horn .. I think it was spade connector on the horn .. it then works via the Linbus through MFSW Controlller.

Ok I ordered a correct T6 loom kit. My one came off a Golf 7. I am not fancy cutting in and reserching corect size spades. I still did not understand why did you joined two brown wires. Is It a necessary mod or you just did it because of your loom?

I already installed MFSW but there are some differences in wiring so I might have to sort out BCM upgrade firs. I just wish to make right the wiring on the T41 connector.
I believe pin locations are the same in T5.1 and T6 is there a diagram available for a T6 T41, T73A, T73B connectors? So I can compare.

My wiring is from T41 pin 9 goes into +12v and pin 10 LIN bus on T73B position 17. Are T6's has a Lin bus on pin36?

At this point I just hoping that VW did not moved all the pin layouts to a different position on a newer BCM

Back