An attempt at wrapping, using the 3M brushed alloy vinyl.

What I learned was that it doesn't stick very well to the slightly grained finish, air bubbles keep appearing. I should have sanded the panel flat first and it would have probably keyed / stuck better. Also the finish is quite matte, whereas the VW trims are glossier, so might try some lacquer before peeling it of and starting again !!

A voyage of discovery :(

View attachment 17926
You need to use a 3M primer first mate.

I'm half way through the mod now, in fact I've only got the dash to fit. I've cut the top and sides away just the bottom edge to cut :(

How have you guys secured the bottom of the glove box, glue? I was thinking of making some pillars that attach to the original clips.

I'm half way through the mod now, in fact I've only got the dash to fit. I've cut the top and sides away just the bottom edge to cut :(

How have you guys secured the bottom of the glove box, glue? I was thinking of making some pillars that attach to the original clips.
If you cut along the line between texture and smooth ,you will end up with a thin strip ,I put glue behind this which secured it .
Once the glove box is in place you put back in the screw that was in the bottom of the original box before

Thanks Mate, it's been so long since I took the dash apart I forgot about the lone screw underneath.

Have you finished the inside of this strip yet? Thought you said you were going to out some felt or something.

Have had this sent to me today and have been given the Ok to post it here.
This glove box will be available mid February, comes in gloss black, grey dash finish or smooth finish for painting /dipping. Prices will include the vent trim to match.
Requires no cutting of the dash one tray out, one box in. Comes with a 240v euro electric plug or usb sockets.

View attachment 16937

Is there any update on the glove box ?

Thanks Mate, it's been so long since I took the dash apart I forgot about the lone screw underneath.

Have you finished the inside of this strip yet? Thought you said you were going to out some felt or something.
No didn't use any felt ,the cut was good and it didn't need any thing .

Van x are now selling comfort dash parts which they have had made..I saw them a few months ago pre production..quite impressed. They are available to pre order for next month..

I'd like to read some feedback of the final production product before I order mine.

I'd like to read some feedback of the final production product before I order mine.

Shouldn't be too long,the container arrives Wednesday apparently so there is a good chance they will be delivered by the weekend:thumbsup:

Back