My hydro-dipped version of the Comfort Dash.

Nobby Diesel

Fabricator
Fitted the Van-X Comfort dash but wanted to extend it right across the dash, to include the screen surround, the centre panel surround and the instrument binnacle.
Stripped the parts out and had them hydro dipped. Really pleased with the result which gives a full flow of gloss black across the entire dash.
Still need to sort the panel below the glove box, as the Van-X fixing method is rubbish.

Dash 4.jpgdash 1.jpgdash 3.jpgDash 2.jpg

Very neat! Love that.

[Adds to list of 'to-dos' when van arrives....]

I've been wondering about doing that. Either hydro dipping or painting.

Hmm......

Would it be cheaper and easier to just get the van x glove box with lid and then hydro dip the lot?

Yes. I've got the van-x bits- glovebox and vents etc, just not fitted it all yet. But want the other dash bits in-between to be gloss black as well. I've got the hydro dipping bits but I could also spray them. Not sure.

Yes. I've got the van-x bits- glovebox and vents etc, just not fitted it all yet. But want the other dash bits in-between to be gloss black as well. I've got the hydro dipping bits but I could also spray them. Not sure.
Mmm, I was sort of thinking out loud there as I like the look of that but was thinking of a cheaper way to do it. Don’t really need the lower glovebox cover too.

Looks great :thumbsup:. Thinking of doing something similar to mine as some of the dash panels are a bit discoloured

Silly question but… what kind of places do this hydro dip thing?

Cheers

Back