Mattsvan

T6 Pro
time to kick off a new thread on all things dash related?

My new top glove box has arrived today with piano black lid, let the fettling commence...

Photos to follow when I work it out

Reckon this could be a popular mod as time goes on, be nice to see some how its done shots for other members, not going to do the glovebox myself but defo planning on the centre section cupholders at some point in the future

oh yes @Mattsvan i will be looking at this mod too, i think it will improve the kombi dash big time. i may go for the piano black dash bits to

I'm half tempted to go red as its not so common but probably stay safe with black as I love my T5 black and dark grey dash. The top glove box is really nice with the flocked inside.

There is a tremendous amount of cutting involved and it's very hard to get it positioned correctly because almost nothing is right on the dash to receive it. I would not recommend you take this on unless you are very confident you want to cut your dash up, have the right tools and a certain aptitude for practical stuff!

looks like a fine job there @Mattsvan. job for a professional like yourself then by the sounds of it. i dont think i would have the nerve for cutting the dash up

Wow, it looks good!

Why its not standard I don't know! Would love the cup holders but don't think it will work with the rear heating controls.

Miles, it can be done, heater control wires can be extended and controls moved to inside of top tray with some fettling I reckon.

Looks brilliant Matt, would love to do that, have you got similar piano black surrounds for vents etc? Will they just clip in like the matt ones clip out? If so, would like to see it all done....it's a mod that I'd love to do when time, money and nerves allow!

Looks brilliant Matt, would love to do that, have you got similar piano black surrounds for vents etc? Will they just clip in like the matt ones clip out? If so, would like to see it all done....it's a mod that I'd love to do when time, money and nerves allow!
@Rich the left and right vents are slightly bigger at the bottom ,but this could be trimmed back ,also in the back of the vent there is some black foam ,that is much bigger on the gloss vent ,so the dash needs trimming or lose the foam . @Caravellet6 has offered to let me look at his dash ,I will hopefully know then if the center vents will fit

Yes you need to mod the bottom but I've not worked out how to do it as yet. Site won't let me upload photos at the moment so I can't show you but I'm not pleased with it. I wouldn't recommend you do it tbh as you have to do a lot of cutting and it's not a great fit. Caravelle's have a slight cut out above the glovebox to allow lid to pivot upwards which van dash doesn't have and there's no way of making that happen and still look pretty. I'm going to price up complete velle dash and do it that way if it's not too pricey. Vents on the outside of the dash will need trimming at their base at least, centre ones in stereo surrounds should be fairly easy and probably no trimming but I reckon instrument binnacle will need modifying so I'd say either whole dash swop or leave it alone and just do gear surround mod with cup holders and bottle holder etc as that's a great mod but carpet cutting is unavoidable!

Just tried again to upload photos and it doesn't give me the okay button to do upload after file is selected.

Matt we have a media section (tab at top) if you want to dump all your photos in an album there, may work better for you.
Once uploaded we can link to it from this thread and custom arrange photos, add notes etc

Back