Mine polished out. But I have not got the lining material yet, and I want to line it on the bench rather than when it’s fitted.

I’ve never been happy with the idea of cutting the dash to fit the OEM box - due to a lack of finness on my part, so I’m going to see if I can make it work.

Just an update
Have fitted mine now ,the marks did polish out
I agree the quality was not as good as I had hoped,but I was sick of looking at the hole in the dash,my T5.1 is better finished.
VW need to up there game a bit as they have gone backwards in my opinion.
The VanX customer service was very good but don’t know how long this upgrade will last,time will tell.

3AB384CB-D707-424A-BE58-1698625B0247.jpeg

CB3E4222-4FA6-40AB-9F04-0321EC79AA7E.jpeg

DDF24C17-8654-4D74-A2CA-AB6BAD1CF6C1.jpeg

Fitted mine this morning, slight imperfection in corner of lid with paint but you wouldn’t notice it. What concerns me is the lid, poor quality hinges and clasp. Will see how it performs, if it fails it will be going back. Looks a lot better so prepared to give it a go. Great idea let down by poor quality lid. Will see....

Update....they are replacing mine, sent a picture of the issue. No questions asked. Happy with that. Really improves the look of the cab. Just hope the hinges last.

As promised on Friday. Reja from VanX rang me back and we agreed that I pop over during the week and they'll sort. Lucky I'm local.

Think this could be teething issues with the new product, might get sorted via version 2, here's hoping guys..

After seeing the comments about the quality of the product decided to call in at Van X on my way back down the M6.
Staff very helpful and readily unpacked a unit for my inspection.
I have to agree that it's not VW quality, but then again it's not VW prices either.
I decided to purchase the unit, and to my surprise they offered to fit it for me if I was prepared to wait for ten minutes or so! You bet I was!
Reza came out with his tool kit and the new glovebox was installed within minutes, but it turns out that there are two types of heater vent 90% made in Germany the other 10% made in Poland, and that's the type fitted to my van. The clips on this need slight modification, off Reza went to the workshop and was back within a couple of minutes all sorted.
Overall very pleased, looks much better than an open tray. As others have said will have to wait and see if the hinges on the lid last.
But if there customer service today was anything to go by there shouldn't be a problem.
Many thanks to Reza and all at Van X.

Finally the weather was good enough to do sone work on the van.

I’ve had the centre console swap and black lower dash for a couple of months, then decided that the Van-X glove box would join it.

It’s a bit multi colour, while I decide whether to wrap the glove box Matt like the console top, but I’m happy with it as work in progress.

DD3A1AEB-8014-4C70-998E-FC36FCE2FE68.jpeg

For those how find the cooler pipe too short if you’re wanting centre and glove box chilling. You need to purchase 2x 16mm plastic 90degree elbows ( ebay no 182762903640 )

Few pics attached of the pipe to glove box. The pipe to the wine chiller needs to be round the same length before the elbow to send it towards the passenger side.

7136E3EA-F9E6-444E-847F-D1D3B61E4A20.jpeg

54174224-8F43-407C-B621-875372AFDA68.jpeg

F229E154-2EA2-44D4-BCED-BE6D7AD4F08E.jpeg

I decided to go with a Comf-mongrel dash, so fitted the Comfort LH Air Vent alongside to VanX 'glove box'. As has been said before there's a bit of Dremel work to shape to bottom edge of the Left Vent to fit the standard dash, but nothing major - I managed not to mess it up.

Now plan to do the Centre Vents, Bezel and RH Vent next pay day!

IMG_0889.JPG

I decided to go with a Comf-mongrel dash, so fitted the Comfort LH Air Vent alongside to VanX 'glove box'. As has been said before there's a bit of Dremel work to shape to bottom edge of the Left Vent to fit the standard dash, but nothing major - I managed not to mess it up.

View attachment 21527

When you say dremel work.....how much exactly and where/what needs trimming?...could you kindly take some photos when doing the other vents and bezel please?

View attachment 21527

When you say dremel work.....how much exactly and where/what needs trimming?...could you kindly take some photos when doing the other vents and bezel please?

It’s not just the vent that needs trimming. There is a lost of cutting to do to get the glove box in. The centre trim around the radio is the only piece that is a straight swap.

@T6180 if you go back on this thread to page 9 I put some photos on of the two vents and bezel so you can see.what needs trimming.
On the bezel its only off one bottom corner ,same with both vents .

I think they look nice but Van-X parts in general are very cheap and don't tend to last, except for the curtains. I hope these are different because I really want one for my van.....

As I'm using the VanX Glove Box so I didn't need to do anything to the dash itself.

As carlg mentions there's some trimming to be done on the vent to get it in. Basically the Comfort vent wraps round further at the bottom than the standard dash. So I measured the standard fitting then masked up the comfort vent, marked the bit to trim (measure twice / cut once and all that) and used a dremel cutting disk at slow speed, so as not to melt the paint.

There's also a polystyrene block on the new vent that needs a bit of trimming down, this was more trial and error. But again using a Stanley knife, just took small quantity off at a time to get it to fit. It went straight in without the polystyrene block and I suppose I could have just left it out as I don't see what its there for.

As mentioned the VanX Box, isn't VAG quality. But I've told my family that we aren't using it! so hopefully it lasts longer. It's not much of a space anyway, and I don't like clutter in the van - it always rattles, with the wider centre console there's an extra couple of cubbyholes for charging cables, wish is pretty much all I'd have in the dash.

I have the whole dashboard kit arriving tomorrow, glove box, vents, handles, gear stick surround the lot, all from van-x but after reading this thread I’m now thinking what the hell have I let myself in for!!! :(
Thank god the new rear lights coming as well will only take 5 mins to fit.

I had thought that the Van-x dashboard was just a stick cover, but it is looking much trickier.

I am very interested though as it is something I had thought of doing myself

I will take photos and post on here, won’t be till Monday as I’m away in the van the weekend and I’m not starting that job before I go, unless it is click and replace lol

Back