Has anyone fitted Caravelle / Comfort grilles with the standard glove 'hole' (its not a box - no lid)?

I thought I had seen it somewhere, just can't find it.

Mine has a usb in the std dash where the glovebox goes, has anyone upgraded to a comfort dash and moved the usb inside the glovebox?

Also are all the prices the same? I’m keen to move to a comfort dash for the upper dash only but may look at skinning them with carbon fibre

A USB is in the glovebox with the factory fit comfort dash.
Cool where is he best place to get the top parts then? Off here?

Anyone done a guide yet for the glovebox? I have my dremel ready!

Cool where is he best place to get the top parts then? Off here?

Anyone done a guide yet for the glovebox? I have my dremel ready!
@Keaney of you go back to page 6 on this thread then the next few pages after .my photos are there and a brief explanation .

I'm doing full gloss dash and twin USB setup on mine soon and will be taking photos etc but it's prob a couple weeks away yet but @carlg and @BiTurbo have posted some good advice/photos and I'm sure will be able to answer questions

Think I just need the comfort dash glovebox actually, Pauly what part number is that and what do they retail at?

If anyone has old dash parts I might be interested... media and dial surrounds, maybe the grills

View attachment 2373 Hate the open dash compartments on the T6 van
Here's one cheap skate version to fitting a glove box.......

There is a plastic trim (same as the dash material) behind the drivers seat This nearly fits the top opening and only needs a little mod.

Nowhere near as smart as a glove box conversion but hides all that's behind at no cost at all

Could you also add a pic of it opened , how or what was used for hinges ?

I ordered the USB part for the glove box and the connection is the same as the one in the dash so just disconnects it and pulled the cable up and reconnected to the new USB 2 minute job. Just need to see if they do a blanking part so I can take the old USB out as I hate having things in that don't work. I do need to figure out how to get one in the centre console next to the gear stick as I haves adapter in the cigarette lighter but when you put a USB lead in it you can't shut it and that winds me up on trips.

I ordered the USB part for the glove box and the connection is the same as the one in the dash so just disconnects it and pulled the cable up and reconnected to the new USB 2 minute job. Just need to see if they do a blanking part so I can take the old USB out as I hate having things in that don't work. I do need to figure out how to get one in the centre console next to the gear stick as I haves adapter in the cigarette lighter but when you put a USB lead in it you can't shut it and that winds me up on trips.
I don't think they do a blank ,because all models come with usb .
I.asked at parts and no blank.
I have left mine in place ,annoying as it doesn't work .

I don't think they do a blank ,because all models come with usb .
I.asked at parts and no blank.
I have left mine in place ,annoying as it doesn't work .
Well that has saved me a trip to vw. I assumed that the startline probably had a blank in it. Any idea on how I can put one in the centre box. I just have standard stereo.

I have found blanks for USB sockets and have a couple variants on order (as of yesterday) but not confirmed yet so will see what happens this week

They are genuine VW parts but will need to see if/what turns up as the order is not confirmed yet and even if it is I imagine it will go on back order so may not see until new year ?

Just to follow up the USB blanks have arrived, they are both black as pictured below and are not available in any other colours
The small square one is for the centre console and the larger one for upper glovebox/dash

IMG_6277[1].JPG IMG_6278[1].JPG IMG_6279[1].JPG

I dont need them if you want to buy that one just ordered to see what was available can post it to you for a couple quid ?

Back