I have the premium (Comfort) dash in my Kombi.
If I new how much things cost to retro fit i.e. Led lights single swivel seats, dash, power latching door I would have just got a new van and picked them all as options. It's a cheeper way in the long run

Reactions: DPS
Van now has 3/4 comfort dash ,not an easy job
But it looks far better .

View attachment 3072 View attachment 3073
Hi, I just had my van converted and he has fitted the center console he has fitted the glove box and had to cut a lot away. I got it back yesterday but the glove box wasn't fitted.
He told me that he had it in but when you opened it it was catching at the top he didn't want to cut anymore away as he said it was at the point of no return where the old box wouldn't go back in. I didn't see it do any ideas. Thanks

I guess what we need ideally is a quality kit for surface mounting, hinged along the top or bottom and with a good seal to the other three sides. This would avoid the need for any cutting, and fitting would be within the ability of a half competent diyer. Any fabricators out there?

Yes the lid catches at the top ,it still opens .mine has been done 6 months now and it hasn't caused a problem .

Yes the lid catches at the top ,it still opens .mine has been done 6 months now and it hasn't caused a problem .
Ok thanks I will try it in myself and have a look do you no how to remove the existing compartment as he has put it back in. Thanks

If you shave just enough off you can make it act like a cam that is supposed to be there and it doesn't feel to bad at all. Worth doing if you have gone as far as he went for you, existing pocket just pulls out I think

Yes you may have to remove the bottom glove box to get at that screw, I thought it was only an addition to the new glove box and not in the original pocket sorry

Yes you may have to remove the bottom glove box to get at that screw, I thought it was only an addition to the new glove box and not in the original pocket sorry
So will I need to trim the bottom or top to stop it catching?. I live in Whitley bay if anyone has done this before and fancies advising or even doing it.

So will I need to trim the bottom or top to stop it catching?. I live in Whitley bay if anyone has done this before and fancies advising or even doing it.
On the comfort dash it has a recess at the top for the lid to clear .I am not sure you would be able to recreate this without it been seen .
You cant get the box any lower as it has clips at the top .and it wont line up with the vents .we have fitted parts that weren't designed for this dash .

On the comfort dash it has a recess at the top for the lid to clear .I am not sure you would be able to recreate this without it been seen .
You cant get the box any lower as it has clips at the top .and it wont line up with the vents .we have fitted parts that weren't designed for this dash .
Ok it's all starting to fit together as a seen a post a while ago that mentions covering a gap with felt of flocking and I wondered where it was. Thank you very much

I didn't go with the option of creating that gap which then needed to be flocked to cover it up, I went with the cam feel where it slightly catches on too for one tiny part of the opening cycle. I dash pocket is more for astgetics in my case anyway as I have reloaded I have opened used it probably twice since fitting it anyway. I wouldn't store a lot in there anyway

Ok it's all starting to fit together as a seen a post a while ago that mentions covering a gap with felt of flocking and I wondered where it was. Thank you very much
That was for a gap at the bottom ,another member cut a bit too much off the bottom .

I used a dremel to grind out the top recess so the glove box opens.
The lower sections I used elch p1 polyurethane adhesive to fill the gap and sanded to create a matching texture.

Heres a snap of the connection

View attachment 589
Hey pauly, so the comfort dash is complete with a while now. I am just tidying up some out standing items like the two additional USB ports. If I buy two of the interface units could I then in theory connect the two new ones to that and take the output lead to a second additional interface box to spilt again and pick up the dash original basic dash USB point, then the output from that to back or the stereo, this should then give me three working USB ports to connect through the App connect system!

I have a new USB hub at the office and it's labelled differently says Rev 1.1 or 2 can't remember but it now has an extra output terminal on it so three in total, not fitted one so not tried it out yet but it may do what you want !
Only thing is you will need three new outlets and cables as your original one won't be compatible with this new system and I don't think app connect will work on all ports may only be one ?

Thanks fir the reply Pauly that sounds good can you send me the price. I got the OEM one for ash tray and a lead part no.V000098604 and V500035222E Are these the ones I will require? Don't mind if they all don't do app connect but I would like them active to keep it as OEM as possible
Thank you
S

Not sure about that lead the 604 has one right angle end but not bought one to try with the new splitter, the leads I have are 601/602/603 and only one has right angle end which the one that feeds from stereo to USB hub

Hi Matt ,
looks grate !(should be standard fitment !) did you order the glove box lid only,or do you need other parts to do the conversion ?
wood be relay helpful if you could let me know what parts I would need to order ?
& what was the cost ?
Thanks Wayne

Back