Did my centre console today except could not work out where the cooling pipe attached to the "bung that needs removing". I've trawled back through the thread but still don't see a pic, can anyone advise please?

Hi Rihoman
The pipe position is on the previous page I put up a couple of shots of it there. It seats into the griuve on the metal section then bolt or river through the whole already there for it. If you have two pipe you will be short one 8" section that you can replace with kopecx
The long section of the pipe goes to lower glove box
If you put you hand on the side of the manifold just to the left side of the stereo at around that height you will feel a rubber grommet around 25 mm diameter that will pop out and then stick in the T section of the pipe you have.
Hope this makes sense if you need more help just text or feel free to call me on phone if you wish
Good luck, it's a straight forward job and looks great afterwards

Thanks Sean, saw your pictures of the lower but which made sense, it was the t-section I was struggling with.
If you put you hand on the side of the manifold just to the left side of the stereo at around that height you will feel a rubber grommet around 25 mm diameter that will pop out and then stick in the T section of the pipe you have.

That makes sense, I hadn't stripped away the parts that high as I was only doing the lower conversion, I'll have another look.

You won't be able to see it really but you will know when you find it by feel, on the large black square box/manifold

Has anyone tired or does anyone think it would be possible to just use the three piano black air vent parts (LH, centre and RH) on the standard dash, without the piano black clock surround & upper glove box?

Worked in my sound proofing over weekend but was tricky because if the severe hot weather we are getting when I went out to van today it had all come detached! Disaster as it was up perfect, bought some gorilla adhesive and I will apply that later which sticks like Sh*t to a blanket

Ha absolutely I am trying to rate three wild boys that consume huge amounts of food so I've seen it in ever form

Has anyone tired or does anyone think it would be possible to just use the three piano black air vent parts (LH, centre and RH) on the standard dash, without the piano black clock surround & upper glove box?
The outer vents just need trimming at the bottom ,the centre fits straight in .
You might have to cut some locating pegs off as the gloss parts have them In a slightly different location to the standard parts .The clock bezel only need trimming at the bottom right hand corner .

that has got to be one the coolest additions ...love it ..so smart ..i want it now lol ..so where did you get it from

Have a chat with pauly and he will sort you with the required parts etc. Only tool you'll need really is a good Stanley knife and a strong hand with an eye for perfect edges

Back