I think centre bits first, then Headlights, then suspension then the rest of the dash. Going to be an expensive few months. Best start working some weekends:(

Ill try and take some pictures when i do it, wont be for a few week's though, plenty of other things to do first.

Iv'e not started it yet but a quick run down of whats needed to make all the extra sockets work would be ideal. Thanks

12v socket is straightforward as existing one simply relocates if you can remove it in one piece or gets replaced if you can't onto existing cables
Adding the second USB is not so straightforward as requires the existing dash socket to be ditched and the a new USB splitter to be installed inside the dash along with two new USB outlets and new link cables etc, not a cheap exercise to get an extra outlet
The alternative is to just get a new USB outlet and apply power and not integrate it with the infotainment system

Hi there,
Sorry im not in keeping totally with this thread but it is very much dash related...
im trying to remove the lower dash on my LHD T6.. so i can do the cabling for the split charge. Does unclipping the left end panel give me access to another screw which then liberates the dash? i have all the other screws done but its still not free..

thanks in advance!

Hi there,
Sorry im not in keeping totally with this thread but it is very much dash related...
im trying to remove the lower dash on my LHD T6.. so i can do the cabling for the split charge. Does unclipping the left end panel give me access to another screw which then liberates the dash? i have all the other screws done but its still not free..

thanks in advance!

Yes pry out the side panel. Leaving airbag plugs plugged in.
Have you removed the screw begins the light switch? If I remember the was one around there. The panel should almost fall out. A few clips locate the panel.

Yes pry out the side panel. Leaving airbag plugs plugged in.
Have you removed the screw begins the light switch? If I remember the was one around there. The panel should almost fall out. A few clips locate the panel.

Hello,

ok thanks - light switch? you mean the vans headlights switch?... as i dont have the glovebox on the left i have just pedals and the lower dash..

i'll have a look today - thats my job for the evening..

Back