Hi.
Looking to fit the centre console when funds permit. Any tips on removing the original please.
It's quite straight forward to remove ,lower glove compartment and pannel below that need to remove first ,the drivers side panel under steering wheel and the lower panel need to be removed .
If you have dsg it's a bit fiddly to remove the surround at the base on gear leaver .
Overall it's not a hard job ,might be best to buy some trim removal tools .

It's quite straight forward to remove ,lower glove compartment and pannel below that need to remove first ,the drivers side panel under steering wheel and the lower panel need to be removed .
If you have dsg it's a bit fiddly to remove the surround at the base on gear leaver .
Overall it's not a hard job
How did you get over the headlight switch when removing/ replacing the lower dash on the drivers side? I found it a royal pain in the butt when I took mine out to wire through some stereo stuff.

You remove the light switch. Push it in and twist very hard and then pull at the same time and it slides out.

Headlight switch pulls right out
From off position push the dial in and turn to on position then pull and the whole thing withdraws

Ahh, good to know, I pulled and pulled but it wouldn't come out. Might have known there was an easier way.

My new T6 turns up next week, i was offered the Comfort dash as an option, i didnt like it at first but love it now!! So annoyed i'll now be spending 3 x as much and need to butcher my dash. Any more pictures of guide of what to do would be ideal. At least i chose every other bloody option.

My new T6 turns up next week, i was offered the Comfort dash as an option, i didnt like it at first but love it now!! So annoyed i'll now be spending 3 x as much and need to butcher my dash. Any more pictures of guide of what to do would be ideal. At least i chose every other bloody option.
I would be kicking myself if I had been offered it and turned it down it does look very nice

What about yourself daveyb you going for it ?
Highly tempted to do the centre console as a starter for ten. Not too sure if I fancy cutting into the top of the dash to fit the top box on the passenger side though to do the whole thing. Have you got part number for the centre piece? And if so what colour is that for? Cheers @andythom188

I would be kicking myself if I had been offered it and turned it down it does look very nice
Tell me about it, especially as i've got just about every other extra available! I was in a rush to order before the price increase and the one they showed me looked tacky at the time, i'll be doing the mod's though once the new novelty has worn off.

All part's ordered, now for the fun! Once the van turns up.
It would be very helpfull if someone who has done the mod could give a few pointers for everyone and advise on the major bits.

We have Dremels and we're not afraid to use them! Well only a little afraid, but we'll still use them!

Highly tempted to do the centre console as a starter for ten. Not too sure if I fancy cutting into the top of the dash to fit the top box on the passenger side though to do the whole thing. Have you got part number for the centre piece? And if so what colour is that for? Cheers @andythom188
Pauly knows all the part numbers for the 4 centre parts its £340

Back