@Mattsvan the dash socket is unique and connects internally in a different way to the other two concealed ones, they connect via the usb splitter box concealed behind dash

I thought it was something like that, the original will reach across and kind of fits. Yes bi turbo, that one. How have you gone about it?

Does a black centre console exist? I'd like to make the whole lower half black instead of beige from there caravelles. Blacks door cards etc.

However I'm twin up front passenger seat so I don't think I can use the cup holder centre console without it being in the way.

Does a black centre console exist? I'd like to make the whole lower half black instead of beige from there caravelles. Blacks door cards etc.

However I'm twin up front passenger seat so I don't think I can use the cup holder centre console without it being in the way.
The caravelle has dark grey bottom half .

Yes but the caravelle users a different centre console with cup holders. Not ideal for a twin passenger seat.

I thought it was something like that, the original will reach across and kind of fits. Yes bi turbo, that one. How have you gone about it?

I've left the original one in the dash. Purchased a USB converter off eBay, purchased a lead from VW with the USB rear connectors on. Cut the lead in half. Found out on the net the USB wiring for a USB lead. Connected the now cut lead to the USB convertor. They charge fine and the convertor will do 3 amp x2. And luminated the centre tray too.

How much did you get ripped off for the VW usb lead, they are way over priced

How much did you get ripped off for the VW usb lead, they are way over priced

£24 for the lead, and the cut it in half. Managed to find a crossover lead that had the same connectors each end. No point having the vw usb ports without the connectors the pins are so small and soldering to them.hard and risky. The other option was to open them up and solder in the port. Again at £20 a port still a risk of messing one up.

I'll be finishing the gloss black dash goodness over the Xmas break.

I was going to get the whole interior retrimmed in leather and alcantara but the logistics of using the van everyday and getting it trimmed won't work. Buying a whole spare dash and other parts would be to costly especially after the cost of the retrim ontop.

So today I went into VW and parted with £750 to replace the beige mouldy ass colour lower panels with black ones from a t6 shuttle. That's the lower b pillar, door cards, lower glove box, centre console and ash tray and lower steering area trim.

Hopefully I'll have the parts before xmas but unlikely.

No just the shuttle ones. I can't see the caravelles ones matching as they are deep black and leather. Based off images on custom vans website.

yes that where i was looking at them, they look alot nicer but i think there very pricy. Are the shuttle one the same as the van then just a different colour ?

Yes the shuttle ones are the oem dash colour and will match.
The caravelles ones are leather trimmed and look a bit too dark against the dash I think, that would annoy me.

I have to remember my van is a commercial vehicle and the panels will get scuffed on the lower sections like they did in my t5 from getting in and out 10-20 times a day.

I'll get pictures up once sorted.

Now feeling even more inadequate from a hands on technical point of view. Very impressed gentlemen.....I genuinely envy your skills.

Just finished my comfort dash conversion. Bit time consuming but not as bad as some car dashes are to do. Only one thing I'm missing.... I can't see how to mount the bottle cooler pipe to the dash frame. Otherwise everything works including retrofit of factory USB distributor and soon to be completed LED softlighting. Does anyone on here have a Caravelle they are willing to take the bottle cooler out of to take a pic of the pipe mount behind?

Dash%20new_zps2wew3zva.jpg

Dash%20out_zpsrxd7p7rg.jpg

Dash%20old_zpsoyf3mrs9.jpg

Back