Soooo.... Anyone up for a group session. :rofl::rofl: I would love to do this and I expect a few other do to. Would be great if we could arrange parts and a big shed over a weekend and have someone in the know on standby. I would happily travel and pay expenses to get this done. (and parts ofc)

Kev

@Willoughby , I used so much space while doing mine, I had a 'parts coming off' side and a 'parts going on' side. All laid out on the floor. I dread to think what would happen if we were trying to do more than one!!

None whatsoever. The fittings for the dash are really good, very little chance if any of squeaks. The Comfort dash even has extra sound deadening pads attached to it. If anything the engine noise is quieter. the comfort lower glovebox frame and gear stick lower surround all have the same sound absorber pads too. The standard kombi ones had none.

I'd be surprised if anyone would get squeaks with this conversion, best fitting dash I've worked with, all of the comfort parts are nicer too. Only down side will be if you ever need to take anything off again. Silly metal 'pop' clips everywhere. From previous experience with these Some are tougher that the trims they hold I reckon! Especially when the plastic gets old.

I have photo's of all of the sound pads and where they are situated, just in case anyone wasn't brave enough to do the whole conversion but wanted to know the optimum placement for sound absorbers. I'm sure VW spend millions working that shit out so we don't have to.

Sure, One on the left is the bugger I can't screw in that goes behind the bottle cooler.
The middle one I still have and can only assume it's for another version or Left hand drives?
The one on the right is the one I've fitted. The fitting with the flap goes in the heater box, the longer hose seems to go around towards the engine bay before doubling back with the wiring loom to come down and supply the lower glove box. The short section is the perfect length to go to the bottle cooler.
Could the shorter one be for bottle cooler only without glovebox or is it not long enough for this ?
Do you have any info about terminating into lower glovebox, Is there another part required to terminate or is it part of the actual main comfort dash ?

@volkscraft Is there any chance you can post pictures of the top glovebox face on for both dash panels as well, I am considering fitting the upper glovebox

@Pauly I would say the short one is too short for that too. I couldn't find a use for it. The lower glovebox in standard and Comfort versions has the receiving part already behind the glove box lid. It's cast in to the dash frame. All you need is the foam ring on the back of the glove box lid to seal the gap.

That's the bugger. The fatter section of hose is definitely made to fit that one. The route it takes in-between is 'flexible'

I have photo's of all of the sound pads and where they are situated, just in case anyone wasn't brave enough to do the whole conversion but wanted to know the optimum placement for sound absorbers. I'm sure VW spend millions working that shit out so we don't have to.
@volkscraft ,I would have been brave enough it was the £2500 price tag that scared me .
Great job you have done there

Thanks @carlg I'm hoping to get £400-£500 back from my old dash as they are damaged when the airbag deploys. People must have crashed some by now! Plus the other parts will be useful on ebay later when the builders etc damage all of the other trims. It'll never pay it off but it helps.

Back