Right. Total pain in the Wang.

Cut it all out and managed to get it seated properly and lined up with the rest of the trim.
As you say nothing fits. Not even the gloss black centre air vents is a direct fit without the rest of the gloss black parts with its little tabs.

Also the glove box does not open without pushing the dash up a bit so I have cut a groove out if the top section for it to open without pushing it up.
Just nicked the edge which is visable so I have use a polyurethane sealant so smoothen it out and create a texture to hide. Will see how it looks tomorrow.

I plastic welded a solid bottom ledge when the box is open and then polyurethane sealant to fill imperfections and create texture to the edge.
Should look good.

Any imperfections I'll sand back and use a textured spray paint.

Right. Total pain in the Wang.

Cut it all out and managed to get it seated properly and lined up with the rest of the trim.
As you say nothing fits. Not even the gloss black centre air vents is a direct fit without the rest of the gloss black parts with its little tabs.

Also the glove box does not open without pushing the dash up a bit so I have cut a groove out if the top section for it to open without pushing it up.
Just nicked the edge which is visable so I have use a polyurethane sealant so smoothen it out and create a texture to hide. Will see how it looks tomorrow.

I plastic welded a solid bottom ledge when the box is open and then polyurethane sealant to fill imperfections and create texture to the edge.
Should look good.

Any imperfections I'll sand back and use a textured spray paint.
I thought about a flocking kit ,just to put across the bottom edge .
Yes glove box lid does rub a bit ,I am going to see if I can sand a bit away with the dremel .The caravelle has a recess for the lid to clear .

How does this cigarette lighter come out. Have tried pushing in the top and bottom tabs and the ain't moving...... Help!

WP_20161128_19_44_35_Pro.jpg WP_20161128_19_44_43_Pro.jpg

Found this digging around the net..... a puller tool looks a bit extreme to me for a cigarette lighter.

IMG_1245.jpg IMG_1246.jpg

Got the lighter out, no damage to the tray or the lighter socket. Sadly the mount ring didn't make it. But breaking the mount ring was there cheaper option. Have ordered a luminated one £4.80 yet another mod... lol

Got the lighter out, no damage to the tray or the lighter socket. Sadly the mount ring didn't make it. But breaking the mount ring was there cheaper option. Have ordered a luminated one £4.80 yet another mod... lol
I will pretend I didn't read this mention of another MOD .

Today's job after work that is, fit the USB ports, lighter socket and the gearstick surround tray. Which I illuminated with a nice red led last night..... should be all complete by the weekend...

Is that something to do with you mullering it, the photos you show looked like you had a go before you took them ;)

Is that something to do with you mullering it, the photos you show looked like you had a go before you took them ;)

Yer had ago first before pics were taken. But it doesn't lock in where you think it does. Pushing the tabs in will only indent the lighter socket. The socket locks in at the middle of the socket.

Luminated socket mount fitted tonight. Power to USB sockets done... Saturday it will all be complete.

Yer had ago first before pics were taken. But it doesn't lock in where you think it does. Pushing the tabs in will only indent the lighter socket. The socket locks in at the middle of the socket.

Luminated socket mount fitted tonight. Power to USB sockets done... Saturday it will all be complete.
@BiTurbo where did you get the feed for the luminated socket .

@BiTurbo where did you get the feed for the luminated socket .
It's already there fella, three wires in the cigarette socket plug. Red-live, Brown -earth, grey -dash lumination.
I have also fitted a led to the compartment next to the gearstick as you do.

Carlg I like your silver dash top! Looks awesome. I still want to swap complete dash. I must say that I'm enjoying my dash along with the rest of the van. Best vehicle I've ever owned!

Carlg I like your silver dash top! Looks awesome. I still want to swap complete dash. I must say that I'm enjoying my dash along with the rest of the van. Best vehicle I've ever owned!
Cheers @Mattsvan ,it's actually Mojave beige to match my van .
Did you put a USB in your centre console ?

Cheers @Mattsvan ,it's actually Mojave beige to match my van .
Did you put a USB in your centre console ?

I moved it from under glovebox into centre console. It works fine. I tried getting a velle specific one as it's not an exact fit but of the ones I tried none actually worked.

Back