Well it's been a long day, but I now have a gloss black dash and the wider centre section fitted. USB port in the glove box and extra door seals too!
Thanks to a helping hand from my wife... and several cups of coffee....

The piece up the side ? Well no because I didn't cut or remove any of the carpet. I've used a piece of the fuse box cover to conceal the gap.
Good idea with the fuse box cover ,I cut a piece of carpet from under centre console .you wouldn't think they would do a different carpet for comfort dash

Any pictures of the cuts on the dash for the glove box. I have started cutting but it appears in going to have to cut so much more that first thought.

Any pictures of the cuts on the dash for the glove box. I have started cutting but it appears in going to have to cut so much more that first thought.
yes I thought the same thing when I started ,hope these pictures help you

IMAG2227.jpg IMAG2228.jpg

Last edited:
@RattyMcClelland ,just be careful when cutting across the bottom ,along the line between smooth and texture .
The strip is very valuable ,I put some black silicone in between and put some tape on ,I think @BiTurbo used hot glue gun .

Well it's been a long day, but I now have a gloss black dash and the wider centre section fitted. USB port in the glove box and extra door seals too!
Thanks to a helping hand from my wife... and several cups of coffee....
@BiTurbo ,did you get a new USB for glove box or did you modifie the dash one .another thing they alter ,why can't they do just one shape .

Retro fitted a unit I purchased off eBay. Better than having a hole there, and charge points are always a plus.
Will post some pics tomorrow

never mind.. how much are they ? are they same auto and manual ?
post a pic before fitting please see if mine is the same..

Oooh I like that, cracking effort. May have to look into doing the gear shift surround. Do you get the parts from the VW dealer?

Back