If it's a bare SWB van, typically the price is around £2400 inc VAT for a Drivelodge in gelcoat. £2500 for a LWB. Painting is usually £275. Any van that's already fitted out and therefore needs stripping out they quote individually, but budget for around an extra £1000 if it's a 'camper' lined and with furniture etc.

Yes they do a bi-fold bed (we make it for them) which gives you more headroom than most as it doesn't just hinge from the back it folds so that it follows the roof line very closely.

Pikkis attached of one in a LWB van.

View attachment 29029 View attachment 29030
thanks for the pics and prices, looks better with the bi fold bed, will definitely look into them as I need a low roof below 2 mtrs for daily use

I have factory roof rails on my van that can go on the pop top when its fitted, how will that work with the wind out Fiamma, or will that not fit with rails still on? Also need the awning rail fitted to the other side of the van as I have two sliders.
skyline fit IMG_8612.JPG them when fitting your roof m8

What are people's thoughts on Westdubs pop tops? The converter I'm looking to use fits them (I've seen lots of his work, and its all very nice, so keen to use him if the pop top is good).

I've looked at loads, and I mean loads, and spent many hours hoovering up as much information as I possibly on the Internet. Nothing beats seeing the product in real life though. I spoke to many different vendors at Busfest, and I tested a few different roof’s such as Skyline, Hilo, SCA, Reimo and a few others. I went for a Reimo easy-fit for Trev (my van). It came down to build quality, ease of use, support if the product is faulty and dealer recommendations.

Happy to chat more if you need further information.

Has anyone fitted a Hilo Surf roof? I would love to fit a Hilo sport roof but budget will not allow. Just want to know if I go for the cheaper model I won’t regret it. Thanks

I've just had a skyline pop top with roof rails and crossbars fitted to my SWB T6 Highline, along with twin side sliders and tailgate windows. Dropped it off on Friday morning and collected midday Saturday. Couldn't be any happier with the work. The roof works a dream, all metal work carpeted really neatly and has a front sliding panel to cover the area above the cab. No rattle or sound when driving and really easy to put roof down and tidy away. Had mine fitted at Skyline HQ in Weston Super-Mare. The quality is awesome and the price significantly cheaper than others - couldn't recommend these guys highly enough.
This is great advice. Really helpful. We have just had two quotes today that very so much it's unreal. Thinking of ringing skiline tomorrow. Thanks for this. Please can I sk approx how much we would be looking at for the roof all done?

Has anyone heard of the stealth elevating roof.

I'm looking for the best value for money pop top and came across this web site

Home - STEALTH

Looking for recommendations that won't break the bank but look good and work well.

Can anyone help me with a compare and contrast of benefits and pitfalls on the following pop tops please. Skyline, Austops, Reimo. If there is anyone to avoid please let me know. Also has anyone had a roof fitted and van lined by AAW Ltd in Poole. Thanks

Avoid HiLo and avoid Van Doc. See recent posts on these two which explain why.
The problem is that even going and seeing their workmanship does not necessarily help. I paid due diligence in checking out who to use, and still got royally screwed over.

Thanks DaveyB. Yes, i looked at the stylish Hilo and heard about all the nightmares fitters are having with fitting as well as supply, but that was after discounting it on price anyhow. I went to look at Skyline roofs in Weston S-M and don't much like the flimsy canvas and also wonder if it compromises the safety of the vehicle's structure. Nice guys there but I wasn't much wiser and they seem to have a problem with the Aurora at the moment so it is only the higher profile original ones available. Austops is a complete mystery other than the price as haven't even seen one so don't know how safe or good they are... .And Reimo, well being German in this field has to be a winner, but only as good as the fitter I suppose..

The problem is that even going and seeing their workmanship does not necessarily help. I paid due diligence in checking out who to use, and still got royally screwed over.
That’s why I ended up buying a Cali, for peace of mind

Reimo are probably one of the safest bets, they’ve been going for years and years so their designs should be very solid. We have a Reimo Easyfit - very happy with it.

Ha! That's funny and quite understandable. I am now seriously considering selling this beautiful van before doing any more modifications in favour of a MWB Crafter instead which I now realise would suit our needs much better. Do you have any ideas about where and how I might best go about selling?
Just realised mentioning Crafter may be sacrilege on a T6 Forum, so I apologise it that's the case!

Last edited:
Reimo are probably one of the safest bets, they’ve been going for years and years so their designs should be very solid. We have a Reimo Easyfit - very happy with it.
Ah, thank you Tombo. Of the three, Reimo is around 4.5-5k it seems and should be quite sturdy and not too rattly I imagine.
Who fitted yours?

Ah, thank you Tombo. Of the three, Reimo is around 4.5-5k it seems and should be quite sturdy and not too rattly I imagine.
Who fitted yours?
Same here, we have a Reimo Easyfit which was fitted as part of a full conversion by CMC, Hythe. 5 months in, and all is well with it.

Whilst it may be your experience, I've got nothing but good things to say about my HiLo (fitted by Xtremevan). Looks great, works great, no rattles or breakages after 9m use (so far...) and I also did my due diligence on fitter.

Stealth poptops do seem to get more complaints tho compared to bathtubs though (applies to both HiLo and Lowlife), perhaps a more complex fit &/or less industrialised training schemes than Reimo etc?

Another vote for the Reimo Easyfit - 4K Miles so far with not a sniff of an issue. Fitted by New Wave Custom Conversions near Cardiff.

Back