Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

Mine was the first one Hillside had installed and was done with Auto Watch in attendance as part of training them so, hopefully, it is well installed and hidden.

My local Ghost installers will only install at their premises, even though I have a large warehouse and total privacy they've insisted that my bus is either dropped off or they come and pick it up.
The installation process and location is a secret, my installers claim they are confident enough to give me a full refund if my van ever gets stolen.

The YouTube video shows nothing and any system can be disabled if poorly fitted.

Your average house breaker won't have a clue why it won't start and the more clued up thieves with those key amplifier things may have an inkling of what's going on, but they won't want to hang about trying to bypass an immobiliser on a crappy T6 when there are Range Rovers/X5's etc that will earn them far more cash.

My local Ghost installers will only install at their premises, even though I have a large warehouse and total privacy they've insisted that my bus is either dropped off or they come and pick it up.
The installation process and location is a secret, my installers claim they are confident enough to give me a full refund if my van ever gets stolen.

The YouTube video shows nothing and any system can be disabled if poorly fitted.

Your average house breaker won't have a clue why it won't start and the more clued up thieves with those key amplifier things may have an inkling of what's going on, but they won't want to hang about trying to bypass an immobiliser on a crappy T6 when there are Range Rovers/X5's etc that will earn them far more cash.
They will give you a card showing the approximate location of the install.

So update from my local installer after sending them the bypass video:

We tried about 10 times to fire the s3 .... didn’t want to take it further as it was a new car but it didn’t fire.

All I can say is either his is fitted wrong or has the wrong software as ours does do that!

Having installed several Ghosts and having worked with Autowatch for many many years I can assure you that that video is bunkum! As with all security devices covert installation is essential. Bare in mind that part of Thatchams criteria is to withstand attach for 4 minutes. This was the time that was found to be what thieves were prepared to try before giving up.

Having installed several Ghosts and having worked with Autowatch for many many years I can assure you that that video is bunkum! As with all security devices covert installation is essential. Bare in mind that part of Thatchams criteria is to withstand attach for 4 minutes. This was the time that was found to be what thieves were prepared to try before giving up.

Would you know why the device isn't Thatcham approved? You'd think Autowatch would be pulling out all the stops to get it approved.

Would you know why the device isn't Thatcham approved? You'd think Autowatch would be pulling out all the stops to get it approved.
My understanding is that because the Ghost works differently and doesn’t physically isolate circuits it does not fit with Thatcham’s categorisation of an immobiliser.

It is also down to cost. It is very expensive to put a product through Thatcham and when the market place is deemed to be limited it just isn't worth it. Also having Thatcham approval doesn't offer the end user much benefit anymore. Thatcham are behind the curve [as usual] when it comes to new tech.

Is it weird to wonder how much wear on the buttons you'd be applying over the life of the product and vehicle when using them every time you start the vehicle. For example A button on the steering wheel could be tricky and pricey to replace/repair.

Is it weird to wonder how much wear on the buttons you'd be applying over the life of the product and vehicle when using them every time you start the vehicle. For example A button on the steering wheel could be tricky and pricey to replace/repair.
Yes, it’s wierd lol

Just booked in with Rob@automate to have 2 vehicles Ghosted. Won't be for another month yet, but Autowatch will be present to validate the installer.
See how we get on

Back