Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

@Ed Webb, @Loz @DaveyB

Just asked him and he is bound by contract to a minimum price structure or could lose his Ghost install contract so no joy I'm afraid and I can totally understand why.
Understandable. I shall contact him on Monday and discuss details for myself.
Does show their is potential for good self employed fitters though.

@Ed Webb, @Loz @DaveyB

Just asked him and he is bound by contract to a minimum price structure or could lose his Ghost install contract so no joy I'm afraid and I can totally understand why.
Probably not a bad thing as an individual installer is likely to have a preferred install location in a particular vehicle type - same installer doing multiple T6s at the same time could mean all of them being in the same location and easier to find.

A great thread.
Just contacted Autowatch and their distributer in the Midlands is Webb Electronics, contact Mark Webb on 01684310556. Just waiting for him get back to me about a local fitter.

A great thread.
Just contacted Autowatch and their distributer in the Midlands is Webb Electronics, contact Mark Webb on 01684310556. Just waiting for him get back to me about a local fitter.
Just spoken to Mark and he sounds like a real down to earth guy. He supplies the units to a variety of fitters in various locations around the Midlands. He recommended me two fitters that fitted best for my location (Hereford) there is a Hereford supplier but he hasn't recommended them due to how fresh they are on the scene. The two names I got was Greg Procter (Cheltenham based) (also fitting a Ghost for @JimVee). Greg is booked in to do work to Marks vehicle including speaker upgrades. Mark also recommended Jate Automotive in Wolverhampton, Contact there is Lee Hailey on 07966 253 267. He is also highly praised and is a fellow T6 owner.
Both are a similar distance apart for me and I will be calling both for a chat.

Ha ha, he is having a busy day with T6 owners. Spoke to him earlier as well and got the recommendations round me including Jate automotive. Just need the bank managers approval before I make the call

Ha ha, he is having a busy day with T6 owners. Spoke to him earlier as well and got the recommendations round me including Jate automotive. Just need the bank managers approval before I make the call
I've rung round, Couldn't get hold of Greg, Rang Lee and he said all the right things to reassure me so I'm booked for 27th of this month. FYI he is the same price as Greg - £399 Fitted, Mobile fitter.

Productive afternoon.
I've got hold of Greg. Very knowledgeable regarding this product and he also thinks highly of it on a personal level.
One thing he mentioned that I'd never thought of is when we are working on our vans doing mods etc or workman at a worksite, we may leave the keys on a seat, in our lunch or tool box. If the van is nicked the insurance is void as we left the key with the vehicle. The ghost would stop someone jumping in your van and driving off whilst you've just "popped off".
He is now booking into mid April.

Had a read on the autowatch site and saw the phone app they do, it’s £9.99 and if the ghost senses your phone is present no code entry is required
Sounds good as the code part is putting me of slightly but it states the app must be open in the background and links via Bluetooth so not sure how practical it is for daily usage

Productive afternoon.
I've got hold of Greg. Very knowledgeable regarding this product and he also thinks highly of it on a personal level.
One thing he mentioned that I'd never thought of is when we are working on our vans doing mods etc or workman at a worksite, we may leave the keys on a seat, in our lunch or tool box. If the van is nicked the insurance is void as we left the key with the vehicle. The ghost would stop someone jumping in your van and driving off whilst you've just "popped off".
He is now booking into mid April.
This is exactly why I have booked in to get the Ghost fitted. Bad enough explaining to the insurer where the van has gone; really really bad news explaining where the missing set of keys are as well. Plus we leave things in our van sometimes which cannot be replaced. That is the problem imo with all the disc locks/clutch brake locks......you put their keys on your ring also.
If the Ghost works as we all hope, and remains very difficult to bye-pass, it is the perfect solution for me.

Had a read on the autowatch site and saw the phone app they do, it’s £9.99 and if the ghost senses your phone is present no code entry is required
Sounds good as the code part is putting me of slightly but it states the app must be open in the background and links via Bluetooth so not sure how practical it is for daily usage
I feel this element downgrades the security a bit as if someone breaks in to your house to steal your keys there is a good chance they’ll get your phone as well.

I personally aren't too fussed on this. I've been guilty of doing a few mods to the van and left the van open, keys on seats and just nipped in to the house to grab something. If you're phone is also nearby your van and a potential theif starts the van it will work. I rather have the only way to start my van in my had.

Yeh, and the problem for how we use our van, is that the phone is in the other jacket pocket next to the keys, in the jacket thrown on the ground......... just kind of circumvents the appeal of the Ghost for us

Back