Ghost II vs Pandora mini BT on T6

CAMAO

Hi everyone,

still thinking about security measures for our T6 Leisuredrive Vivante that we’re about to collect in February. Have initially thought we’d get the Ghost II immobiliser installed. But speaking to a fitter today he strongly recommended the Pandora mini BT over the Ghost.

He said the majority fitters would more readily recommend the Ghost because it doesn’t take long to install and provides a higher profit margin for them.

He also claimed it would be much easier to disarm the Ghost by just cutting through any one of four wires. Plus on the T6 the ghost would offer only very few buttons to be used for the personal safety sequence (basically only buttons for cruise control).

Also the Pandora would offer some extra features like an alarm and various kind of sensors which detect when your vans is being messed about with.

We are really confused now which to get. Also worth noting that the Pandora is about £100 more expensive than the Ghost.

What are people‘s thoughts and experiences?
Thanks a lot.

I fit Ghost and if it's done properly and you know what your doing even if they find the ghost, which if installed properly they shouldn't (at least not easily) it still won't start. Also we offer a tracker that can act as an Immobiliser and can do alarm monitoring for factory fitted or aftermarket alarms. Drop me a message if you want to discuss options buddy.

@Texxaco came down recently for the above tracker system so he can tell you from a customer.point of view the lengths we go to when installing security systems and how good they are.

…and its not just the cruise buttons, one of my buttons is the start stop button, so that is always disabled, bonus.

if he is going to slag the opposition, he should at least have his facts right, loses credibility instantly, now just a sales pitch, not advise.

Not going to list all the buttons on on a public forum as I don't think it would be responsible of me from a security point of view however there are 10 buttons that can be used in total depending on what's fitted to the van. A pin sequence can be upto 16 digits (button pushes) but we normally recommend 4 as the optimum. If my maths is right that's a combinations of about 10,000 choices. It's a fair amount

Not going to list all the buttons on on a public forum as I don't think it would be responsible of me from a security point of view however there are 10 buttons that can be used in total depending on what's fitted to the van. A pin sequence can be upto 16 digits (button pushes) but we normally recommend 4 as the optimum. If my maths is right that's a combinations of about 10,000 choices. It's a fair amount
Thanks Dav-Tec

i bought one of those pedal locks, bit of a pain having it in the van and putting it on ect, it makes it really hard to steal imo

Back