Autowatch Ghost immobiliser

How did this subject go from the technical ability of this device to stop thieves.... to.. 'what sort of wear and tear would it have on my steering wheel buttons" ? o_O

How did this subject go from the technical ability of this device to stop thieves.... to.. 'what sort of wear and tear would it have on my steering wheel buttons" ? o_O
Apologies for what seems a random question but it was something I was wondering. AKA research.

Last edited:
40mins up the road from me, might be handy for me then..

Theres no physical connection? I can see how maybe switch & button signals could be picked up by inductive coupling, but how can it talk to the ECU if its not physically connected to the bus? Interested in one but intrigued as to how it interacts
It's magic!! :) Seriously, I have no idea - all I know is I was told that it was just wrapped around with no wires cut - this was one of the attractions for me when weighing up what to go for when I bought the van - if anyone wants to tell me otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected but, either way, having it fitted feels like a good layer of protection.

Based in Cheltenham which is 15 miles down the road from me which is handy.
Security is next on my agenda, I can easily head over to Cheltenham for a proper job. Please give us a review and I will PM you for his details shortly.

Security is next on my agenda, I can easily head over to Cheltenham for a proper job. Please give us a review and I will PM you for his details shortly.

Hi Ed,
Will do. Getting it fitted mid April and will put a review out.

@Ed Webb, @Loz @DaveyB

Just asked him and he is bound by contract to a minimum price structure or could lose his Ghost install contract so no joy I'm afraid and I can totally understand why.

Back